First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Looking at Zeigler's ESP policies and noticed they also offer Premium Maintenance plans as well. Has anyone used these and are they worth it? Zeigler's quote for a 5 year 60,000 mile policy with service every 7,500 miles, was $1,360.

Opinions?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Looking at Zeigler's ESP policies and noticed they also offer Premium Maintenance plans as well. Has anyone used these and are they worth it? Zeigler's quote for a 5 year 60,000 mile policy with service every 7,500 miles, was $1,360.

Opinions?
I pay about 50-60 on each service I have done at my little shop in the next town.
I service every 5000,
5000 miles into 60,000 is 12 trips to the little garage-----$600-$700
Been using these guys for years--yea, there are cheaper places, but this is family owned and they are very nice to their customers.
We have 6 vehicles that get into their shop at least once, and sometimes twice a year (for the hot rods)
I move between the two pickups and the two hotrods all years (whatever moves me), so those cars dont get a lot of miles individually, but HER car and the kid's car go in on a regular basis.

PFD664

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Crew 502a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I have had Ford's Premium Maintenance on my and my wife's last 4 vehicles. What is really nice about the Ford Premium Maint. plan is that they also cover wear items in addition to the scheduled maintenance items. I get two sets of wiper blades per year and they have replaced the front brake pads on a couple of vehicles. The other wear items they include but you probably wont need are belts/hoses, shocks/struts and some other wear items. Good piece of mind with using Ford parts, oil and the dealer will handle any outstanding campaigns (TSB/Recall) while there.

CK.MECHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycles
Bumping this. I purchased the service plan with my truck in October. Cost was $1500 for 96 months or 85000 miles. Looking for input because im considering cancelling this. I did the same math as above and it seemed like I wasnt getting a great value.

But then I look closer and see, as mentioned, it covers all required maintenance in the manual. So for example on my truck that would include, according to the manual, replacing cabin and air filters every 30k miles, replacing the spark plugs, at 60k miles, and brake fluid change at 3 years.

Theoretically under my coverage I could have:
11x oil changes (11x $50=$550)
2x cabin air filters (2x $20=$40)
2x engine air filters (2x $30=$60)
1x spark plugs (only covered in this range for trucks with propower) ($250?)
2x brake fluid changes ($250?)

As mentioned it also includes wear items. Specifically states "brake pads and linings, clutch discs, spark plugs, engine belts, coolant hoses/hose clamps/hose o-ring seals, wiper blades, shock absorbers/struts".

Looking at everything, its still not clear if its a great value. Maybe if we consider 15% inflation over the next 8 years I come out ahead keeping it.

mikes

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 hondas
what is interval for servicing the transmission, cooling system, front and rear differentials, and transfer case? that could add up real quickly

Sponsored

BritCanuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4x4 2.7EB XLT SuperCab, 6.5Ft, 302a order
Occupation
Self Employed Photographer
From what I could find on f150 service schedules It’s pretty much just oil changes to 100K? The potential value is in the wear and tear items being replaced. I guess if you’re a heavy user it would be worthwhile to get the coverage.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
what is interval for servicing the transmission, cooling system, front and rear differentials, and transfer case? that could add up real quickly
I know this is an aged post, but I Like to drain / suck out of the pan whatever I can and replace w/ fresh fluid every 30k miles. You can typically get ~1/3 to 1/2 of what's in a trans every time you do that so there's always good fluid in it. I've never had a trans fail doing that.

With CVTs that's an absolute must do. There's never 'too soon' of a time to change out a CVTs fluid. My uncle loves to drive. He's got a nissan with a CVT w/ a pretty high failure rate. I told him to religiously drain the pan every 30k (and he has). He's 5 years and 220k miles on its clock and that little shit box still running strong.
Sponsored