Preferred Dealer(s) <?>

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
Hey, left-coasters, do you have a recommended Ford dealer?
(or is everybody headin' to Granger, Iowa <<<grinnn>>>?
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Hey, left-coasters, do you have a recommended Ford dealer?
(or is everybody headin' to Granger, Iowa <<<grinnn>>>?
This is going to be of zero help, but it seems like a total luck of the draw to me.

I am in Sacramento and the bay area. My closest one is Folsom Lake Ford which I really like, but in 2017 I wanted a very specific truck and went to Future Ford (which happens to be highest volume in NoCal). I ended up unwinding that deal after 2 weeks, truck had multiple issues and my deal also sucked (hadn't done research, they took advantage).

I found another match at Capitol Ford in San Jose in 2017. They were AWESOME! Amazing sales guy (Jesus) and finance was great too. They had a customer for life. So I went back to him to order my 2021 but Jesus had to direct me to the inventory/fleet guy to order. It was not a fun experience, and he even missed a feature on my order. Fast forward months later, I ended up forfeiting this order.

Meanwhile to hedge my bets and get a truck sooner I wanted to try an order in Sacramento too. Folsom didn't seem interested and was wishy washy as retail orders were still on hold until the "OK to buy". So I also placed an order at Future again (thinking they are huge volume and would get it faster). The inventory/fleet guy (Alex) was great. I wasn't dealing with any of the people from my bad 2017 experience, and I have x-plan so I couldn't get screwed. Ended up with this truck, sales guy (Nathan) was great.

So 2 experiences even within the SAME dealerships can be vastly different. That's why I don't put too much stock anymore into it. I will continue taking my truck to the closest (Folsom) for the service department. Future purchases I have no dealership loyalty, I'll go wherever feels best at the time.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
This is going to be of zero help, but it seems like a total luck of the draw to me.

I am in Sacramento and the bay area. My closest one is Folsom Lake Ford which I really like, but in 2017 I wanted a very specific truck and went to Future Ford (which happens to be highest volume in NoCal). I ended up unwinding that deal after 2 weeks, truck had multiple issues and my deal also sucked (hadn't done research, they took advantage).

I found another match at Capitol Ford in San Jose in 2017. They were AWESOME! Amazing sales guy (Jesus) and finance was great too. They had a customer for life. So I went back to him to order my 2021 but Jesus had to direct me to the inventory/fleet guy to order. It was not a fun experience, and he even missed a feature on my order. Fast forward months later, I ended up forfeiting this order.

Meanwhile to hedge my bets and get a truck sooner I wanted to try an order in Sacramento too. Folsom didn't seem interested and was wishy washy as retail orders were still on hold until the "OK to buy". So I also placed an order at Future again (thinking they are huge volume and would get it faster). The inventory/fleet guy (Alex) was great. I wasn't dealing with any of the people from my bad 2017 experience, and I have x-plan so I couldn't get screwed. Ended up with this truck, sales guy (Nathan) was great.

So 2 experiences even within the SAME dealerships can be vastly different. That's why I don't put too much stock anymore into it. I will continue taking my truck to the closest (Folsom) for the service department. Future purchases I have no dealership loyalty, I'll go wherever feels best at the time.
I had Folsom hounding me relentlessly so I decided to give them a shot.

I told them up front that there was NO WAY they were going to have anything close to what I want on their lot, nor anywhere else on any other dealer's lot so I WILL be ordering a truck. "So don't bother trying to sell me something from your stock".

It was as if we never had the conversation.

They continued to hound me to "come in" and check out their trucks. Like they were going to change my mind.
I finally had to tell the Sales Manager to stop trying to contact me and blocked their number from my phone, text and email.

Sure enough... they called me last week from a different number AGAIN trying to get me to "come in for a great deal" on something I don't want.

My advice... stay as far away from the Folsom Ford sales dept. as you can.

"Service Dept." might be a different story. I don't know and doubt I ever will.

Wslinky

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Lariat (Ordered)

I told them up front that there was NO WAY they were going to have anything close to what I want on their lot, nor anywhere else on any other dealer's lot so I WILL be ordering a truck. "So don't bother trying to sell me something from your stock".

They continued to hound me to "come in" and check out their trucks. Like they were going to change my mind.
I finally had to tell the Sales Manager to stop trying to contact me and blocked their number from my phone, text and email.

Sure enough... they called me last week from a different number AGAIN trying to get me to "come in for a great deal" on something I don't want.

I have placed my order through Folsom. I am still waiting on my 2nd order. I screwed up on the 1st order. So far they have been great to deal with. I even took my mother in law in to the same sales guy (Anthony) to get her F250.

As Daemonic3 pointed out no 2 experiences are the same.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4

I have placed my order through Folsom. I am still waiting on my 2nd order. I screwed up on the 1st order. So far they have been great to deal with. I even took my mother in law in to the same sales guy (Anthony) to get her F250.

As Daemonic3 pointed out no 2 experiences are the same.
No doubt. I'm sure it's "luck of the draw" but I'm buying my 3rd new Ford from W.C. Sanderson and they have never disappointed me.
Although... this will be my 1st experience with "ordering" rather that buying from the lot.
So we'll see....

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Folsom sales is "meh" from the salesfolks I've met. I did buy my 2013 Escape from there but I wouldn't say it was amazing or anything.

The service is great though! The "quick lane" is super easy, and they have a good courtesy shuttle, but I am nice and close and bring my bike and ride it home when I drop my truck for service.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I recommend Tom Hillier Ford, the sales experience was insanely good. The actual sale lasted 30 minutes at most. No sales manager, no fees, NO FINANCE MANAGER they didnt try to sale me any useless crap which was awesome.

OP
OP
Raicilla

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
Thanks, Cali-folks, but I guess I shoulda said "Upper-Left-Coast!"
I kinda presumed this "regional forum" is for talkin' AK, WA, ID, OR...
California stuff is here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/forums/california.57/
Ford F-150 Preferred Dealer(s) <?> 7f1c27582bfb014997978f78c35c4b1e

...so, I'm still lookin for thoughts about greater northwest Ford dealers ~ good or bad ~ What are you finding out there??
Ak: Kendell of A-K-W? Seekins? that's it, right?
Wa: Pierre? Bickford? Issaquah? Titus-Will? Corwin? Van Cleve? others?
Id: Broadway? Lithia? Middlekauff? others?
Or: Damerow? Landmark? Northside? Astoria? Skyline? others?

Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
I dealt with 3 in WA in person, many in the area over the web. This will be a bit long, but give you the full picture.

Bickford - decent folks. Took a test drive of one of theirs (Platinum PB), came back and he asked me how I liked it. I said I would be interested to see a price sheet. Lariat was probably a better fit, but you never know. He said they were going to be "pretty much at MSRP" to which I said thanks but we're probably done here.

Harris Ford - dealt with some younger sales folks - nice guys, no issues there. I was interested in a truck that they had coming in and had a decent price on it. I thought they could come down a bit, but at least they were in the ball park. Anyway, got to the dealership and they brought out a different sticker for a truck that was just about like the one I wanted and I wouldn't have to wait - they had it available today. I told them I had done a bunch of research and I knew what I wanted, but if they had one I hadn't seen yet, I'd be willing to look. So they showed me the sticker and right away I could see it was missing options and components that the one I came in to talk about had on it. They then said it was "close in MSRP" so they thought it was probably a good match. I then helped them understand what differences there were between the two - tow packages, extended fuel tank, B&O Unleashed vs regular - just to name a few. All these little things that changed the options but put the MSRP prices "pretty close". I was definitely pleasant about it, but it did clue me in to the fact they were trying to make a "truck on the lot" sale first. So we got to negotiating on the one I came in and were about $1k apart. They brought out one price sheet with numbers that had included over $5k extended warranty, who knows what else, and that obviously wasn't going to fly. From this great site, I knew the data. So, they dropped the warranty stuff pretty quick. They then offered to split the $1k with me. I offered back to pay $750 of that $1k that we were apart on, but I wanted them to have a spray in Line-X bed liner put in for me. I said that I'm sure you guys must do business with Line-X since they are just a few miles down the road, and it probably has to be one of the top accessories for a truck. They seemed dumbfounded by such an ask to swing a deal. They offered to help me schedule it through their accessories department, but it clearly wasn't sinking in to them. In the end, we left on good terms, all polite, but I didn't hold out much hope.

Mullinax Ford in Olympia - this is where I ended up getting my truck. Up front pricing, so they don't really haggle much. But, they have pretty good pricing considering the area (PNW), tight supply that is out there, and they are quite friendly folks. I found one via the website on their lot that I liked. I inquired about it on a Wednesday, and we went through some basics. They then sent me an "out-the-door" price. Ironically, despite being over 60 miles away from me, they knew the correct tax/licensing rate based on where I lived versus the dealer that was ten miles away. Since the pricing was acceptable, we moved onto the trade-in portion which I was curious about. At Harris Ford, we never got that far. At Mullinax, he wanted some basic info and then asked if I could send him some photos from my phone. I did that, and 45 minutes later he had sent me a trade-in value that was more than CarMax offered, and CarMax had a really good offer. I'm sure I could squeeze more out selling privately, but not having the hassle, and getting the extra savings on sales tax due to the trade-in made it worth it to me. On Thursday, which was the next day, I asked, before I completely finalized, if he had anything coming in or available to him that maybe had a bed liner or the extended range fuel tank. It wasn't a big deal if not, but it was about the only thing that mine wasn't going to have. He didn't, but he said he'd see what he could do about the bed liner - this was completely unprompted. I said if it wasn't factory, I only was interested in Line-X. He said well, we happen to do a ton of business with Line-X and they usually treat us pretty well if I ask for a favor, let me see what I can do. An hour later he called to say that he could get the truck in on Friday, have it sprayed and I could pick it up the next day on Saturday. I told him, we'll see you on Saturday. I drove the trade vehicle down, went through the financing and final documents - which was an absolute breeze - and was on my way. They do provide you options to buy the extended warranties and such, but it's done on an iPad. They load in all your current figures and pricing, no games, no surprises. Then they show you how you can select the different options if you want on the iPad, and it automatically adjusts the totals and shows you the new amounts. There is no high pressure, no pieces of paper going back and forth, none of that. Simple drag-and-drop on an iPad that you hold while sitting in a chair making your own choices. I declined all in the end because of what I learned here and what I knew I could get, but I greatly preferred their approach to the whole process.

In the end, I feel like I got a really good deal. Not a screaming deal, but given all the circumstances going on out there right now with tight inventory, production shut-downs, having a truck versus waiting, I'm very happy. I got a solid price on the base vehicle, a great deal on the trade, a bed liner that I wanted and didn't cost me any time to schedule or wait at a local shop, and a lower tax rate (in WA, it's based on county, and I saved over $500 by driving 60+ miles). In a perfect world, I would have either pushed more to get close to Granger pricing here locally, or would have just ordered from Granger to begin with. But with the uncertainty in delays and the fact that I've got a boat I need to pull and go fishing with, I'll happily take my deal without hesitation.

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
Go to Ron Dupratt Ford in dixon Ca. Talk to Ian..... Tell them Wayne Chatoff sent you. I bought a 2021 fully loaded PB fx4 in Iconic silver. Got the best deal anywhere. No hassle buying. I always buy my company trucks at or near dealer cost. Really Go talk to IAN, he is a great guy. I took several trucks for test drives by myself no salesman hassling me. If your a Costco member you will also get a discount from costco.

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
I'm still in the process, so I don't have a lot of information to share yet.

Re: Oregon Ford dealers (specifically Willamette Valley) - I placed my order with Thomason Ford in Aumsville. My first trip was to Skyline in Salem, but they shined me on there (pretty blatantly) when I walked in with a configuration printout from Ford's website. I had intended to order either a 3.0 Powerstroke, or the 3.5 Powerboost. They didn't have either model on the lot, and told me it would be impossible to get a Powerboost, but I might be able to get a diesel in 3 to 6 months. My wife was not impressed.

My second trip was to Thomason. There I was told yes, either truck will probably take 3 months, but they had a Powerboost on the lot, and we were able to drive it. Game Changer!
I thought it was great, and (most importantly) so did my wife ;-}. We were not pressured in anyway, no one tried to steer us away from placing an order vs. buying something on the lot.

So, I placed my order with Thomason, and now I'm waiting for confirmation of my order from Ford.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
I ordered at Penske Ford La Mesa, honest people good inventory.
Penske Socal has great buying power and can get higher priority on special orders.
So far happy with the dealer, Truck is due May 12th.

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT Screw 4X4
I agree.....folsom Lake Ford sucks......I planned to buy a new Ford F150, drop by Folsom Lake Ford....Salesman would not help me with what I wanted. I wanted a Roush F150. Once I said Roush, he just told me to shop elsewhere.......so I did.....I picked up a Benz AMG.......
Sponsored