Sponsored

Preferred Dealer(s) <?>

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Recommended for buying or for service?

I bought mine from Serramonte. When I walked in, the first guy I spoke with didn't really know anything. I basically told him "no offense, but who is your most knowledgeable guy on F-150s?" They gave me another salesman who knew the product well and I bought one off the lot from him.

For service, we had a small dealer in San Mateo (forgot the name) that had a pretty bad reputation. It went out of business and Putnam (Chevy, Toyota...) bought it and recently reopened it as Putnam Ford. It is convenient and close to me. I brought it there for the BCM update so my alarm wouldn't go off randomly and really liked the service manager. He also agreed to help me with the rust issue and is trying to chase down Ford to authorize a fix. He sends me update emails and has been responsive, so it's been a good experience so far.
Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I am using Gresham Ford in Gresham, Oregon for my order directly thru sales manager for my new loaded Lariat. He is working with me for a good deal and since I put in order, I discovered my career company that I retired from is a Ford partner so I can use Ford X plan. It lets you buy up to 2 vehicles a year at 0.4% under invoice plus $275 fee, and most incentives can be used to bring price even lower. Anyone looking should check to see if their or spouses employer is on list. Mainly national companies.

junkmail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Limited and not great experience so far with Frontier Ford in Anacortes, WA. Put a deposit on dealer ordered 2021 that had all the options that I wanted. They keep sending me emails to come in and look at other trucks, but their reply to email is a dead-end. I tried to follow up by texting the salesperson that took my deposit, but no response. From this forum and various tracking tools, I now know that I’m stuck in the chip shortage category, but the sales manager guaranteed that the truck would be delivered within three weeks … this is the end of week two …

SteveJ2477

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL STX
We bought a new 2012 Flex from Issaquah Ford and it was fine. No relationship tho.

We lived in the San Juan Islands so Frontier Ford (Anacortes) is our closest dealer. We took our Flex and my ‘01 Ranger for service religiously.

Last few weeks looking to buy a 2021 F-150.
Looks like most dealers are sticking close to MSRP. One dealer offered a custom order with an unknown delivery date. One dealer would do the A to Z Plan that I have available but still requires a custom order. I did the build and price and it was what I paid for the truck I bought.
I went to Frontier and made a deal that a sales manager agreed on verbally and email offer. They sold the truck later that day. Money over customer service. Clearly my money dumped into their service dept didn’t mean anything.

Found the same model XL STX with similarly options that I want/must have at Gillis Auto Center (Shelton WA). I made a deal via email and one phone call. Went and looked at it and drove it. Lifetime powertrain warranty included. Bought it but it’s still not in my driveway due to my work schedule and it’s distance from my house and getting there. Sales Manager Robin has been GREAT!

Last edited:

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Anyone near Puget Sound WA heads up. Waited 8 months for my 2021. "Awesome" Ford in Chehalis WA was the worst I've ever dealt with (I've had dealings with 10 different Ford dealers in 30 yrs). FX4 ordered in Mar 21. Truck built on 10/4. No communications except when I bugged them. Had to call Ford HQ and complain about 7+ missed build dates. Sales Manager finally emailed his higher and 3 days later it was built. Go figure! They threw the rookie salesman under the bus saying he should have elevated the issue sooner. Awesome Ford kept saying they had no idea why it kept getting delayed. Not once did they raise an issue with Ford. Ford customer service sucks! Caveat emptor my friends. Go elsewhere for a vehicle.

Last edited:

MR650

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Blk/Blk
Recommended for buying or for service?

I bought mine from Serramonte. When I walked in, the first guy I spoke with didn't really know anything. I basically told him "no offense, but who is your most knowledgeable guy on F-150s?" They gave me another salesman who knew the product well and I bought one off the lot from him.

For service, we had a small dealer in San Mateo (forgot the name) that had a pretty bad reputation. It went out of business and Putnam (Chevy, Toyota...) bought it and recently reopened it as Putnam Ford. It is convenient and close to me. I brought it there for the BCM update so my alarm wouldn't go off randomly and really liked the service manager. He also agreed to help me with the rust issue and is trying to chase down Ford to authorize a fix. He sends me update emails and has been responsive, so it's been a good experience so far.
Does anyone still use this San Mateo Putnam dealership? I’ve used it for service on my F150 Platinum Power Boost and I’m growing concerned. Every time I go in there the entire service team is different; I’ve had 3 times going in to find a new team in there replacing the old team. IDK I suppose that can happen; resources are hard to find and retain but..

For the first time I had an oil change done by Oil Stop. It’s the only time I’ve had anyone other than Putnam touch the vehicle. Not even an oil change anyplace other than Putnam.

The oil stop tech pops his head out from under my truck and says hey; did you know your skid plate is held on by zip ties? What?!! Someone at Putnam must have put it on there as a temporary and forgot to bolt it on? Idk. It’s odd. Mistakes can happen.

Then I’m reading on other channels about people ordering vehicles that arrive there but get sold to someone else? I’ve been thinking about ordering a Bronco for my wife (my 4th ford purchase) but IDK about using that dealership.
Sponsored