• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pre-Approval Email From Ford

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm starting to really wonder what prompted these pre-approved credit deals. I got it on my reservation page and now the e-mail. I'm retired with only investment income. I have no debt and haven't carried a credit card balance in my entire life. I borrowed for a truck 40 years ago. I froze all the credit agencies years ago.....Hey Ford...what's up here ??
They probably just did a soft pull and then sent it to everyone. Some percentage of people are going to get $20k in their email and look into it, realize they won't get financed and cancel their order. Ford has so many pre orders they probably would rather have them cancelled now then get an invite but never order. Or find out when the truck gets to the dealership that they can't finance it.
Sponsored

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
I got 1 as well and I know I'm in wave 2, so hopefully I get to order tomorrow even know I doubt any production will start until all waves have been sent out

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Got it, doubt it means anything. Am in Wave 2 according to my dealer, who is baffled at not having any Wave 1 orders despite being one of Florida's biggest dealers. Hope it is before next Thursday, as that's the day we wing to get on a ship to Antarctica...

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre-Approval Email From Ford Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 2.48.23 PM

Last edited:

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
Hope it is before next Thursday, as that's the day we wing to get on a ship to Antarctica...
That's awesome! I'm sure you can use some crappy satellite internet if necessary.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
That's awesome! I'm sure you can use some crappy satellite internet if necessary.
We'll have a sat phone, supposedly with a data connection, not counting on anything. Was able to make an Iridium call when we went to the North Pole in 2018, couldn't get data-level speeds until back in Murmansk.

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I know some people mentioned that they received a pre-approval credit for $X amount right before the first wave went out. Can anyone confirm that they were indeed selected for wave 1 after receiving the pre-approval credit?

I just received an email from Ford with a Pre-Approval... probably wishful thinking but never know ?
I got the pre-approval last week, but still no word about when I can order.

Since I just took delivery of a new Mach-e in October, this isn't just a case where Ford is just randomly sending pre-approvals to people they feel are ready for a new vehicle. Hopefully I'll get my chance to order soon.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Hadn't connected the two dots. Got the pre-approval on 1/12, so we'll see if I make wave #2. Read to order a Lariat.
Sponsored