PPI recommendations? 2022 5.0

flat6jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches, F150s
I will be picking up my F150 in a few days and was thinking about the truck not being driven since it was built back in January. I am new to the 5.0 motor and was wondering if anyone had any input on any service I should do before I drive the truck around too much. It has sat in a Dearborn yard for months now.
Any tips would be appreciated!
Sponsored

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Tacoma SR, 22 F-150 Lariat
Congrats my 5.0 is being delivered tomorrow - hopefully I don’t get hosed by the dealer.

i always break in V8s like easy on gas first 500 miles upto 800 easy with diff heavy applications. if your truck was built in Jan. You could do an Oil change at 1000 miles. I did it with all Chevy V8s (Camaro corvette engines)

but immediately after break I drive it however I want to. Don’t want to écu to make the programming lazy. I just don’t baby my cars

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
No need to do anything, just drive the truck. If It was sitting since 2021, then that might be something. It sat with clean oil in it. Not like it had 4000 miles on the oil and it was full of containments.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Congrats! I’m a few months from a year and have throughly enjoyed the 5.0. I took it easy until my first oil change which I did at around 1000 miles to get full synthetic in (I believe the factory oil is a synthetic blend).

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
I’m not giving advice necessarily just anecdotal conversation. Mine wasn’t a 5.0 and it didn’t sit for three months (although I don't think that is a long time) I have driven every new vehicle just normally from day one. Normally 25 years ago was harder than normally now though. Never really had any trouble. A buddy of mine has owned a used boat dealership for over twenty years. They have a saying around there, “ Lot Disease”, it’s where stuff deteriorates from sitting so I would say just drive it. I’ve also done some motorcycle racing over the years, dirt and road racing. I’ve seen plenty of engines new and freshly rebuilt that get installed, warmed up and run wide open without too much worry. By the time they came back around the front straight at Daytona it was business as usual.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I will be picking up my F150 in a few days and was thinking about the truck not being driven since it was built back in January. I am new to the 5.0 motor and was wondering if anyone had any input on any service I should do before I drive the truck around too much. It has sat in a Dearborn yard for months now.
Any tips would be appreciated!
Congratulations! We hope you love your new truck. :)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Congrats my 5.0 is being delivered tomorrow - hopefully I don’t get hosed by the dealer.

i always break in V8s like easy on gas first 500 miles upto 800 easy with diff heavy applications. if your truck was built in Jan. You could do an Oil change at 1000 miles. I did it with all Chevy V8s (Camaro corvette engines)

but immediately after break I drive it however I want to. Don’t want to écu to make the programming lazy. I just don’t baby my cars
Congratulations on the delivery of your new truck! Hope you love it.
Sponsored