First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
I’m at 1.4 and it says I’m fully up to date. Any tricks to get it to pull the 1.7? I use Google maps on CarPlay a lot more than the built in nav
Sponsored

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
For those who are not getting timely updates, have you scheduled them on Ford Pass or do you use the automatic update feature. I use the auto update and my truck connects to the internet in the garage. I think that helps. Just my two cents.

I’m also noticing the reset to channel 1 on Sirius as well as phone connectivity issues.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Have other XLT 302a owners received the PowerUp 1.7 or 2.1 OTA updates? Just curious mostly, I haven’t been notified yet.
I did a few days ago. Little changes here and there. Haven't played with the Sync 4 to exactly what is changed. I do now they moved the icons around in some of the menus.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
For those who are not getting timely updates, have you scheduled them on Ford Pass or do you use the automatic update feature. I use the auto update and my truck connects to the internet in the garage. I think that helps. Just my two cents.

I’m also noticing the reset to channel 1 on Sirius as well as phone connectivity issues.
I have them updates scheduled for Thursday, but the power up 2.1.0 came through on Monday or Tuesday this week.

Sponsored

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Well, I have had it since the end of Aug and just got my first update- 1.6.0

Lord I hope it helps with some of the bugs in the phone connection and radio

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I received the 1.7.1 update a few weeks ago according to the dash version indication and also received a notification via FordPass at that time. Navigation screen doesn’t work for me with Apple Maps, no idea why. I received a message on FordPass on Thursday saying that the 1.7.1 update had failed and they would try again. This is really confusing!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Android Auto navigation has displayed the "next turn" information for the driver's cluster since I got the truck in May. So I'm guessing the pictures above that this update is Ford catching up to the same features with Car Play?
I really have no complaints except it seems like after these updates my FordPass no longer let's me turn on Generator mode from the phone even with a Bluetooth connection. In fact it still displays "cellular connection" in the app, which is probably the reason the extended functionality of FordPass isn't available.

That was perhaps my favorite FordPass function of all since on a cold morning I didn't have to go to the truck to power up the generator.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I got my truck in July and have yet to receive an update. If I go to the "Update" screen in the truck, it says that I am "up-to-date". I have auto-update turned on, and the truck displays the WiFi connection in the top right of the screen... still no update.

The FordPass app is... basically worthless. It says that I have Auto-Update turned off, and just gives me the directions on how to turn it on. Even though I have verified that it's on! (Yes.. I have turned it off, then back on; rebooted the Sync4 system; etc.)

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
July build, purchased on 8/31. I received 1.6 today.

Sponsored

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
I just received Power-Up 1.6 OTA on 11/22/21. Well behind others, and really not sure what the update actually does, as I do not see anything new.

My build is below:

Build date 7/27/21
XLT Sport 4x4
302 High package
5.0L w/3.73
360 camera with tow tech package.

100% stock
Last night my truck received the PowerUp 1.7.1 OTA update. Everything went smoothly. Suppose waiting patiently is key with the OTA updates. LOL.

From the release notes, and what other members have mentioned, looks like the 1.7.1 OTA update adds direction arrows in the dash when using CarPlay navigation. My truck has SiriusXM 360L and supposedly there's user interface improvements with that system too.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Thanks Ford

1.jpg
Mine shows failed in the widget but I haven’t never seen a failed message on the sync screen. Strange almost reads as if they will have a OTA fix as it say “if they are still experiencing OTA update not successful message in March”
So really we wait I guess.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Thanks Ford

1.jpg
Sounds like the fix can only be applied through the dealer via FDRS. So much for easy over the air power up updates. How many vehicles will never receive the fix as customers are not aware its even broken? Many may not even unknowingly receive the bluecruise update when it available due to this.

Last edited:

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like the fix can only be applied through the deal via FDRS. So much for easy over the air power up updates. How many vehicles will never receive the fix as customers are not aware its even broken? Many may not even unknowingly receive the bluecruise update when it available due to this.
Dealers are having probs with the FDRS not working either. Engineers are working with mine at dealer and multiple road blocks. Going for 4th time next week...
Sponsored