Powertrain malfunction/reduced power

vaeyedoc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Guess I am on this bandwagon. Got same message as OP. They have had it for 15 days. Called today and said it was the “starter generator”. On back order. Have a date of March 6. They gave me a 2023 XLT to drive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Why are the dealerships holding your trucks? They can be driven with this issue. It comes and goes, but the only indicator of a momentary issue is the wrench light. Are they finding something else? What are they telling you the reason is for not driving it?

vaeyedoc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Why are the dealerships holding your trucks? They can be driven with this issue. It comes and goes, but the only indicator of a momentary issue is the wrench light. Are they finding something else? What are they telling you the reason is for not driving it?
In my case, they said it would not let electric motor charge and could damage other electrical components.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
The issue is intermittent. I wasn't told anything like that. I get the message once every few weeks or so and it goes away after driving and a restart. I would check with Ford and see if it's okay to drive. Having them keep it until the parts are available is ridiculous.

vaeyedoc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
The issue is intermittent. I wasn't told anything like that. I get the message once every few weeks or so and it goes away after driving and a restart. I would check with Ford and see if it's okay to drive. Having them keep it until the parts are available is ridiculous.
I think it is that the message is general and could be for several reasons. Some may not be serious and others could. They gave me a loaned and will repair under warranty. Doesn’t bother me that they have the truck. Better than the truck being dead on side of the road.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Supplying the warranty customer with alternative transportation makes a huge difference to me regarding issues that the dealership is waiting on parts.
In fact, it's the determining factor between me being an alligator to deal with vs a fairly patient customer.

Musclez

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 14th Gen
So over my PB 15 times it’s stalled have a thread going working to get out of this death trap.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I think it is that the message is general and could be for several reasons. Some may not be serious and others could. They gave me a loaned and will repair under warranty. Doesn’t bother me that they have the truck. Better than the truck being dead on side of the road.
True

pcohenchicago

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
I had this on my 22 and they replaced a solenoid of some sort and the problem was resolved.

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum
My dealer called yesterday with good news! The part that they had originally expected to arrive mid-March showed up & they dropped the truck off in my driveway yesterday evening. I have since driven it 120 miles and all is good.

I’m noticing that the EV/ICE transition is much smoother and doesn’t have that “dump the clutch” feel anymore. It’s warm in Michigan today, so that pedal still vibes...

Just a couple of weeks without the PB and I’ve already forgotten how powerful it really is. Hopefully this means the rest of you will be getting your parts soon.

Sponsored

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
Thanks…if I could buy it and put it myself I would! Dealer told me I am looking at late March to get my truck back. 5 other PB trucks came into my dealer for this exact issue after I dropped mine off according to my service advisor.
Is your truck the PB model or gas engine? I've now got an appointment this week as my battery is now giving me the remote features disabled...message after getting the Power mal. issue the other day.

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum
Is your truck the PB model or gas engine? I've now got an appointment this week as my battery is now giving me the remote features disabled...message after getting the Power mal. issue the other day.
PowerBoost. I was not getting any low battery/remote features disabled messages. I only got that message after the truck sat untouched at the dealer for 2 weeks before my part came in.

4jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang California Special
Occupation
Retired teacher/CNC prototype machinist
I had the Powertrain Manlfunction/Reduced power light come on one time. I took my truck in for two other recall issues. It's been there for a week, was told they need to put a starter in the truck to fix the malfunction light. Surprised by that. Starting the second week in the shop but no word as to what is going on. A little frustrated that I didn't get a loaner even after purchasing the extended warranty.

lowgigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Sales
I have the Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced power message on my App as well as the wrench icon. My truck is a 22 5.0. The dealership called me back and they can’t find the issue.. mentioned something about checking the wiring and wanted me to leave it for several days. Anyone else had this happen with the 5.0?
Sponsored