Powertrain malfunction/ misfire ..

MisCalql8ted

First Name
renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
2021 F150 lariat powerboost 6,200 miles had it in for the sagging insulation recall this week as well as a oil change then 5 days later while driving all of a sudden it was stuttering bad and than the check engine light came up. I have read multiple threads but no real answers, Any help would be appreciated picture below of ford pass alert.

Ford F-150 Powertrain malfunction/ misfire .. Screenshot_20220320-190925_FordPass
Sponsored

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I had similar issue, but only lasted for about 20 sec. Got the same alert. Seems ok after that, but I took it in and they tested and found a bad spark plug.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2021 F150 lariat powerboost 6,200 miles had it in for the sagging insulation recall this week as well as a oil change then 5 days later while driving all of a sudden it was stuttering bad and than the check engine light came up. I have read multiple threads but no real answers, Any help would be appreciated picture below of ford pass alert.

Screenshot_20220320-190925_FordPass.jpg
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this F-150 concern on my end.

Wfoster

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f 150
Did you find out what the issue was? Only asking because I have had this happen 4 times. Misfire on number 1.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
My '21 Powerboost Lariat with 9,000 miles on it was out of service for a month due to this exact situation. The dealership put an entire new long block into the truck. They could not and would not tell me why it happened. Cylinder number 2 was the trouble in my truck apparently. When they pulled the spark plug it was bent, almost like it was hit with the piston or something. The service manager honestly couldn't (or wouldn't) explain much of anything to me. Ford did not want the engine torn apart to find the root cause of the issue, but essentially the entire ICE portion of my truck was replaced. It runs as normal now, got it back a few weeks ago. I was thinking I was a one off issue, as I posted about this in late June when it happened and no one else on here had had my issue. Maybe it's more widespread....

Sponsored

Wfoster

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f 150
Everytime I took mine in they never said if the spark plug was bent. So I'm wondering if that is what is happening to mine. I'm also trying a different dealership this time to see if they can figure it out. Because Taylor Ford can't been there 4 times for the same thing.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Everytime I took mine in they never said if the spark plug was bent. So I'm wondering if that is what is happening to mine. I'm also trying a different dealership this time to see if they can figure it out. Because Taylor Ford can't been there 4 times for the same thing.
If your piston comes in contact with your spark plug, you will have a new longblock soon enough.

That's not a repeatable offense.
It's catastrophic

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Dont worry about it, I am sure the @Ford Motor Company account on here has escalated it and you should see a resolution soon.

Sorry I had to make the joke. For those of you who dont know whoever manages that account posts in threads like these and then does basically nothing to actually help /w problem resolution. Its sort of a running joke that they are worthless and shouldn't even bother.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there. This powertrain concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dont worry about it, I am sure the @Ford Motor Company account on here has escalated it and you should see a resolution soon.

Sorry I had to make the joke. For those of you who dont know whoever manages that account posts in threads like these and then does basically nothing to actually help /w problem resolution. Its sort of a running joke that they are worthless and shouldn't even bother.
While I would agree that the account and its repetitive impersonal nature hasn't exactly earned much respect on the forum, recently a fella posted that his truck was suddenly "escalated" and the dealership changed their feet dragging ways, resulting in his truck being fixed much quicker than was going to be the case.

So I gotta give props when earned.

If my back was against the wall with my truck, I definitely would include providing the requested information as one of my multi-point strategy to get things resolved. Afterall, at that point what do I have to lose? :)

Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
While I would agree that the account and its repetitive impersonal nature hasn't exactly earned much respect on the forum, recently a fella posted that his truck was suddenly "escalated" and the dealership changed their feet dragging ways, resulting in his truck being fixed much quicker than was going to be the case.

So I gotta give props when earned.

If my back was against the wall with my truck, I definitely would include providing the requested information as one of my multi-point strategy to get things resolved. Afterall, at that point what do I have to lose? :)
Well there you go. I had not heard that story thanks.

You are correct credit where it is due and I am the first to admit when I have made a miatake. I take back my earlier sparky comments.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In your defense, and in order for me not to be a hypocrite, I too have done the eyeroll both figuratively and literally on many occasions after such posts. 🤣

Mwathey515

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB 3/14/21
Occupation
Retired
In your defense, and in order for me not to be a hypocrite, I too have done the eyeroll both figuratively and literally on many occasions after such posts. 🤣
Ha, I have specifically asked them what starting a "case" does for me & my powertrain failure issues.....ZERO response, I'm thinking the only way to "fix" anything with my 2021 PB XLT is to FIND the right dealer w/competent techs...I think the account is simply a media relations tactic

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Well there you go. I had not heard that story thanks.

You are correct credit where it is due and I am the first to admit when I have made a miatake. I take back my earlier sparky comments.
That may have been me. Dealer got me out of OTA 1.7.1 freeze. Then OTA froze @ 2.6.0 and fast appointment set.

Long story short master tech got truck to BlueCruise in a day. I verified that all available FDRS updates were done.

I have posted a copy of the work order but don’t remember where. I’ll post again if anyone wants me to.

milo89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum, Powerboost 2021
Well this is my first post here. But after a minute of googling, came across this. I have a 2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost that started jumping and showed cylinder 2 misfire. Took it in (2 weeks to get to it....still waiting on my rental costs to be re-paid) they said the spark plug had a hairline crack. A couple weeks later, same issue, same cylinder. Starting to lose faith in the dealer being able to fix this and seems from above there might be more serious engine problems out there.

@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored