First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
retired engineer
Information regarding powering the refrigerator in the camper from the AC inverter in the truck bed while towing would be greatly appreciated. Running the fridge on propane while towing is not recommended and running it on the camper batteries is limited. My truck has the 2KW option.
Sponsored

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
Sorry. I don't know about ProPower with the 2kW option.

Certainly the 7.2kW can do it. I don't see any particular reason the 2K couldn't.

Ron in Oregon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 hybrid
Occupation
retired
Information regarding powering the refrigerator in the camper from the AC inverter in the truck bed while towing would be greatly appreciated. Running the fridge on propane while towing is not recommended and running it on the camper batteries is limited. My truck has the 2KW option.
Have you received any useful info?

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost

Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning. 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Nothing yet, I may have to go to Ford and ask them...
Just try it at home first with a converter for your 30 amp RV plug to a 120v plug. I know that my camper ran fine that way when getting it ready for trips, as long as didn’t try to run the AC. If it works at home that way. Then you’ll be fine driving that way, since the 2400 watt plug is 120v 20 Amps.

AggieEng

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost 6.5' Box
I don’t have an RV. But I know that my truck lets me run the outlets in generator mode while driving. I used that recently to charge my solar generator while driving.
With other RVs I’ve owned and had experience with, everything runs just fine off of a 15A circuit except the A/C. That requires the larger services.
If it works fine while parked, it should work while running down the road. Would love to see what you come up to run the cables. Looking at getting an RV soon and this has been on my mind as something to do.

rb304

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL FX4
I have a 30' travel trailer and the 2kw generator on my truck with the 3.5L. I ran the camper off of the truck while winterizing it, with the exception of the A/C, refrigerator, and microwave. It ran all of the lights, water pump, stabilizer jacks, and slide out just fine. I can't imagine the refrigerator would create that much of a draw. I recommend obtaining the refrigerator operating manual and looking to see if it lists specs for power draw.

dpatt711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Should be fine, most fridges peak well under 1600 watts. The 2kw inverter isn't that great though and you'll also lose power over the cable run. I reserve my Propower for my coffee mate & george foreman, and use my Honda generator for camper fridge (Probably not exactly safe or legal, but I've never had an issue)
Sponsored