First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
I'm in Colorado too. What's your build date, and which dealer did your service?
3/21 build date. Phil Long Motor City in Colorado Springs.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I updated my PCM (and several other modules today) and reset the adaptive shift tables. First short trip seems to have very smooth shifting, and even entered 2nd a few times which I rarely saw before. Going to keep driving and see if it's any better. However, I only seem to have harsh shifting when it's below freezing and that's happening less and less as we get closer to spring.

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
3/21 build date. Phil Long Motor City in Colorado Springs.
Thanks. I asked because I was curious as to whether the fix was being applied to trucks outside of the build date specified in the TSB. I have a 6/21 build.

I now have a new shifting issue in that the automatic downshift from 3 to 2 and 2 to 1 while in manual shift mode and in slippery (4A) drive mode is extremely harsh. I actually thought someone hit me from behind.

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Mine was good for the first few thousand miles but now that I'm at 12K it's getting to be dangerous. The weather is cold now so I'm sure that is part of the problem but even after it has been driven for a while it's clunks really hard at times. On top of that I have had it become unresponsive when pulling out into traffic. The other morning I pulled out of my driveway with the engine on and as I was accelerating all power cut off. The engine was on but no response from the pedal for 20 seconds or so. It was so bad I had to pull over and wait for the pedal to respond.

I love the truck but the bugs are starting to become a problem.
I have experienced the same thing a number of times. Very dangerous. Have you found a solution?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
So I've driven my truck roughly a week since I applied the PCM update and cleared the adaptive shift tables. I will say that shifting is smoother, but there are still times when the transmission doesn't seem to know what it's doing. I haven't had any harsh gear changes, but there are times that they are still noticable. Typically it is when changing throttle input right as it's shifting that I've seen cause the most problems since the update.

I think the big change in the update for the PCM is how the truck restarts the engine and re-engages it into the drivetrain. Coming back to engine power is almost always imperceptible now outside of a change in sound. It wasn't bad before, but it is better now. I think that Ford will get things sorted going forward, but this was a pretty decent first step.

Sponsored

aldi20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Has anyone heard anything about a similar TSB for 2.7L engines? I have the same issue with rough shifts from 1-2, 2-3, or 1-3, but don’t think this one would apply to my truck - or at least I’d guess the dealership would be unwilling to listen.

mspinler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302a
Occupation
IT Manager
I've had the shifting issue since purchasing my 2021 PowerBoost. I've made 4 appointments and gone to 3 different ford service centers in the Houston area and can't get them to apply the TSB. I get told either no transmission techs this week, backed up for weeks, or leave the truck for a week or two and they might get to it. No rental have to get my own transportation or pay for UBER. This is after waiting weeks up to a month to get an appointment whether I call or schedule online. I've left messages for GM and Managers to call me but never get a call. Seem like the Service Advisers' job is just to figure out how to get you to leave ASAP. It's my First Ford, but since it's paid off I'm thinking of trading it in and going back to Toyota. Never had this BS with them.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Amazing ^

Applying an update to the module takes minutes. Literally. They'd be done before you finished your coffee.

mspinler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302a
Occupation
IT Manager
Amazing ^

Applying an update to the module takes minutes. Literally. They'd be done before you finished your coffee.
Yep, I've explained it to the SA, and doesn't make a difference. The funny thing is I've had two SA ask me what is TSB? Is it an error code? LOL!!! Oh yeah, I've also been told no error code they can't work on it. I'm just done with Ford unless someone knows how I can reprogram it with ForScan or who I contact to light some fires up the chain of command at these places.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Pm me if you want to explore updating the module(s) yourself. I don't live in Houston but I'm not far away.

With your VIN I could at least send you a list of all the updates that your truck is eligible for.

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Update on my '21 PB with harsh shifting. I've been driving another pickup (Rivian : ) for a month, so the trusty PB has had a lot more rest. But there's always work to be done, so I drove it last week and, sad to say, some of the low speed shifting has glitches … not bad, not like it was originally, and I didn't notice or think about it till it had one of those "3rd gear, no, 4th … no … 3rd … thud" mis-shifts as I was in slow-n-go city traffic then I thought "yeah, the trans is not as good as it was" … now I'm noticing every shift … I guess I'll give it a trip to Service and see if they can dial it in.
btw. the "fix" for mine included "cable adjustment" (not that I know if this 10 spd even has a cable anywhere these days)

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Update on my '21 PB with harsh shifting. I've been driving another pickup (Rivian : ) for a month, so the trusty PB has had a lot more rest. But there's always work to be done, so I drove it last week and, sad to say, some of the low speed shifting has glitches … not bad, not like it was originally, and I didn't notice or think about it till it had one of those "3rd gear, no, 4th … no … 3rd … thud" mis-shifts as I was in slow-n-go city traffic then I thought "yeah, the trans is not as good as it was" … now I'm noticing every shift … I guess I'll give it a trip to Service and see if they can dial it in.
btw. the "fix" for mine included "cable adjustment" (not that I know if this 10 spd even has a cable anywhere these days)
*Casually drops that he also has a Rivian* Enjoy it!

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
*Casually drops that he also has a Rivian* Enjoy it!
funnily enough, did word my post as a gentle "dig" at the Rivian … "But there's always work to be done" … : )

capetownkg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, Lariat, PowerBoost, SuperCrew, 6.5’
Has anyone felt this on a 22? Im trying to determine if mine shifting from 1-3 almost instantly is the "harsh" shift you all are talking about. I can try to feather the acceleration but it is like 2nd doesnt even exist on my 22 PB.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has anyone felt this on a 22? Im trying to determine if mine shifting from 1-3 almost instantly is the "harsh" shift you all are talking about. I can try to feather the acceleration but it is like 2nd doesnt even exist on my 22 PB.
I bought the truck tuesday and the 1-3 shift as well as electric to gas transition has been smooth.
Sponsored