Powerboost threw 2 faults

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
Anyone else have these pop up if so what was it?

Ford F-150 Powerboost threw 2 faults Screenshot_20211115-073125_FordPass
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Mine did that yesterday after I took it through the car wash for the first time. I did not know to take the auto hold feature off so it threw all sorts of warning messages (Pre-Collision Assist not available, Antilock Brake Fault, Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic, and Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory).

After a few agonizing seconds of the attendant telling me in broken English "No brake, no park" I finally figured it out.

Everything seems to be working correctly, and all of the warning messages have gone away except for the "Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory" which remains. I read that it can take 20-40 miles for that one to reset, so I'm hoping to reach that mileage soon and have the light turn off so I do not have to mess with taking it in for service.

OP
OP
Dmusick757

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
Mine did that yesterday after I took it through the car wash for the first time. I did not know to take the auto hold feature off so it threw all sorts of warning messages (Pre-Collision Assist not available, Antilock Brake Fault, Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic, and Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory).

After a few agonizing seconds of the attendant telling me in broken English "No brake, no park" I finally figured it out.

Everything seems to be working correctly, and all of the warning messages have gone away except for the "Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory" which remains. I read that it can take 20-40 miles for that one to reset, so I'm hoping to reach that mileage soon and have the light turn off so I do not have to mess with taking it in for service.
Is your check engine light on? Mine started up weird then cut off and I had no power at all for about a 1/4 mile. But my check engine light is still on

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is your check engine light on? Mine started up weird then cut off and I had no power at all for about a 1/4 mile. But my check engine light is still on
Yes, my check engine light is on as well (solid, not flashing). I have only driven ~5 miles since the car wash yesterday, but it drives okay and I'm hoping driving it will cause the light to reset.

Here is what it says now:

Ford F-150 Powerboost threw 2 faults 1636992800169

Here is all of the alarms that went off for a few minutes yesterday after the car wash:

Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic
Antilock Brake Fault
Pre-Collision Assist Not Avaible

These showed up on my dash screen and in my account, but all of those are working now and only the check engine light is on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dmusick757

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
Mine even showed a pro power fault everything was going haywire. Lol. I went out there and turned the ignition on and off 5 times and it went away. Idk I read it somewhere I guess

OP
OP
Dmusick757

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
Yes, my check engine light is on as well (solid, not flashing). I have only driven ~5 miles since the car wash yesterday, but it drives okay and I'm hoping driving it will cause the light to reset.

Here is what it says now:

1636992800169.png

Here is all of the alarms that went off for a few minutes yesterday after the car wash:

Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic
Antilock Brake Fault
Pre-Collision Assist Not Avaible

These showed up on my dash screen and in my account, but all of those are working now and only the check engine light is on.
This is what mine was

Ford F-150 Powerboost threw 2 faults Screenshot_20211115-104754_FordPass

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow. Did it really disable the gas engine? Unless your dealer is really really close, I see a tow truck in your future.

OP
OP
Dmusick757

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
It was weird because when I started the truck it started like a normal truck ( meaning I turned the key and the starter engaged)not like it normally does then immediately cut off. Started it again and got it moving it stayed in limp mode for about 1/4 mile the went normal. I have an appt first thing in the a.m. we will see

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It was weird because when I started the truck it started like a normal truck ( meaning I turned the key and the starter engaged)not like it normally does then immediately cut off. Started it again and got it moving it stayed in limp mode for about 1/4 mile the went normal. I have an appt first thing in the a.m. we will see
Hi there! Can you send over a private message with your VIN. I will look further into this for you.

Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully, your issue is fixed soon. My check engine light went off yesterday when driving. I noticed that the app still had the issue listed for another 24 hours before it went back to normal.

I'll be hand washing from now on, or at least turning off auto-hold before I even get in line at the car wash.

OP
OP
Dmusick757

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
Yup. Mine just stated today
What was the circumstances that yours came on? I'm in contact with ford they ran tests and are supposed to call me back tomorrow. I will let you know what they come up with.

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Supercrew Powerboost Agate Black
What was the circumstances that yours came on? I'm in contact with ford they ran tests and are supposed to call me back tomorrow. I will let you know what they come up with.
Went to dealer and it turned out to be a misfire on cyl4. There was a TSB and they reprogrammed... in and out within 20 minutes.
Sponsored