Sponsored

Powerboost suspension any different from 3.5 EB?

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
So I spoke to my salesman about adding a leveling lift to my PB, and he was saying the service department won't do a leveling kit on the powerboost because it's a hybrid, but they do them on the other powertrains. That didn't make much since to me as the suspension is unrelated to the power train. I suppose the springs and rates may be slightly different to accomadate for the additional weight of the hybrid system, but I wouldn't see any reason that should make leveling a PB any different from any other drive train. The salesman was saying that leveling my truck could void the warranty on the suspension components. I could tell that the salesman was not technical at all and had just talked to the service department and tried to relay that back to me, but I'm thinking something is getting lost in the translation. I know I can go to any number of small shops to have this done, but I wanted to give the dealer the first chance to do it to avoid any warranty issues.

Anyone level their PB yet? Did you get any similar feedback on the warranty? Any other issues? I realize the fuel economy would likely degrade a bit, but I don't really mind as it should be a small difference. I'll be keeping the stock wheels and tires until I find some others I want.
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
There have been plenty of leveled PBs on this site. You just need to poke around the threads, or search for the word tires or level. Sales people are generally the most uninformed people imho. You're better off talking directly to the service dept or an off road shop. ymmv.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
While I continue to discover an amazing amount of Powerboost exclusive differences relative to the traditional 3.5EB, I don't see anything that would be suspension related. But I also admit that I underestimated just how much Ford was willing to do to add that little battery under the cab. Wow!

Honestly, I don't see how the upcharge for the Powerboost is profitable. In fact, I'm starting to think it's a loss-leader towards Fords determination to prepare the truck world for EV future? Perhaps an oversimplification, but you know what I mean?

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
There have been plenty of leveled PBs on this site. You just need to poke around the threads, or search for the word tires or level. Sales people are generally the most uninformed people imho. You're better off talking directly to the service dept or an off road shop. ymmv.
Thanks, this is what I was thinking. I'm going to give the service manager a call, but wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I wasn't aware of. I've seen tons of leveled trucks on here, but couldn't tell if any of them were PB's.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Thanks, this is what I was thinking. I'm going to give the service manager a call, but wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I wasn't aware of. I've seen tons of leveled trucks on here, but couldn't tell if any of them were PB's.
Look for the badge on the front doors or the poster's vehicle info in the left avatar area ;)

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
There have been plenty of leveled PBs here, but yes, there are differences - extra leaf spring is standard, for example (comes with HD towing package on other models, and there are some other changes that folks have identified, for example frame steel gauge, due to battery weight.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
While I continue to discover an amazing amount of Powerboost exclusive differences relative to the traditional 3.5EB, I don't see anything that would be suspension related. But I also admit that I underestimated just how much Ford was willing to do to add that little battery under the cab. Wow!

Honestly, I don't see how the upcharge for the Powerboost is profitable. In fact, I'm starting to think it's a loss-leader towards Fords determination to prepare the truck world for EV future? Perhaps an oversimplification, but you know what I mean?
I agree with your post in general. Only having my PB for a week, I can see/sense the engineering that goes into making this whole 'machine' work. This is certainly the MVP (minimum viable product) on the road to full electrification. However, I do still feel that for trucks - you MUST have a hybrid option always available (maybe improve on the EV contribution to mileage), as certain buyers will likely never go full electric. I'm sure the big brains in Dearborn are thinking this all through to 2030 and beyond and they are clearly willing to experiment (case in point: 3.0 diesel, now being phased out).

Interesting times.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
It’s a shame some salesmen know so little about their products. My dealer offered leveling options before I could even tell them I wanted it. I have
Ready Lift 2” kit. Works great, no problems. No warranty concerns.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
I just finished putting the 2" motofab spacers on mine. No different than a non-powerboost.
20210720_171001.jpg
2" is about what I wanted as well. That looks good! What offset are those wheels?

Jonas101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
2" is about what I wanted as well. That looks good! What offset are those wheels?
+20. I also kept the stock tire size 275 60r20 (33x11) A lot of people are going to the 295 60r20, but I had these on my '19 and it looked good.
Sponsored