Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Leave it to @HammaMan to bring up the obvious.... Rear end ratio. The PB is gonna have a 3.73 while we aren't told what the EB has, maybe a 3.55? That could be the diff right there. But when we are seeing a tenth of a second difference.... What are we even talking about?
Since it was a tremor, it comes with the 3.73. Agreed it’s only a fraction of a second and either way, both solid packages.
Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Since it was a tremor, it comes with the 3.73. Agreed it’s only a fraction of a second and either way, both solid packages.
Ahhh, I missed the Tremor part. It's like my Father in Law talking about buying a new 8k TV.... Dude you can't even see across the room! What are you talking about??
People gotta have things just to brag about....
I chuckle cuz 90% of our driving is daily drive crap. Me included, work from home, and tow boat twice a year, to the lake in spring back home in fall... Otherwise its getting a coffee in the mornings and Home Depot on the weekends (Tim the Tool man grunt).

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
The Raptor is heavy, I wouldn’t doubt for a second the PowerBoost wins against the HO 3.5. For my amusement I looked up some regular F-150 vs Raptor videos. One is a 2016 5.0L reg cab (obvious huge advantage there) but I will note it is the old 6 speed and pre direct injection version of the 5.0. Another is a crew cab 3.5L TT 2017 model year (also down on power compared to the current model 3.5) which is a pretty fair comparison as it’s high trim as well. Both of the regular F-150s beat out the Raptor pretty easily.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The Raptor gives up some of that street prowess for being a VERY capable truck at things my Powerboost would be wise to back-off a little. :)

That suspension is not a poser.
It's an amazingly stout frame too.

Sure, most Raptors aren't likely to be used in the elements that it is equipped with prowess, but the fact it is what it is AND it can still hold its own with the street trucks is amazing.

I personally think a Tremor Powerboost would be the perfect truck for me. 😁

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
The Raptor gives up some of that street prowess for being a VERY capable truck at things my Powerboost would be wise to back-off a little. :)

Sure, most Raptors aren't likely to be used in the elements that it is equipped with prowess, but the fact it is what it is AND it can still hold its own with the street trucks is amazing.

I agree after learning more about the powerboost!

Sponsored

TheObiJuan

First Name
TheObiJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F-150 Tremor 402A
From PB to a tremor? How'd that happen?
I bought a 21 Lariat FX4 PB and drove it for 13k miles and it felt like a golf cart. Enough was enough for me so I snatched up a Tremor the week they were on dealer lots.

Other than the 4-5MPG difference, I don’t miss the PB.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I would think a street trim 3.5 would be faster than the pb. I also think There was one in the 11s already. I don’t know of a pb in the 11s yet.

Mpg, generator, good stop/start, less turbo lag is pb selling points. Faster, no

I’d say the pb is faster than a tremor and raptor tho

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect

Agreed. Had the Tremor had the PB, I'd have gone with that instead of my Platinum too.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
If you're purely about speed, sure you can build out a stripped out truck. A SC 5.0 with a supercharger goes a long way.

Until you daily it and miss all the creature comforts. And gas mileage. And other benefits of not being at the limit, all the time. Sad to say, but as I've gotten older, there is a concept of 'too much'.

For anyone younger, with the money to do it, fuck yeah. 👊

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
If you're purely about speed, sure you can build out a stripped out truck. A SC 5.0 with a supercharger goes a long way.

Until you daily it and miss all the creature comforts. And gas mileage. And other benefits of not being at the limit, all the time. Sad to say, but as I've gotten older, there is a concept of 'too much'.

It's called the mustang GT :D

Granted ford completely changed up everything to do with the lightning by making it a big cab short bed. I'm sure the next gen will have a smaller cab option. They should go purpose built where the cab and bed are modded to make room for a triple stack batt config to make the big batt fit the shorter wheel base. Based on its current config, it'd have to triple stack at least 2 cell units to make it fit. Going with a smaller batt would suck as it loses a little bit of power and range. It really needs to move to a unibody design with structural pack though. They did a decent job in getting it to market in the manner in which they did. Just sucks it's worthless for 'truck' things. Much better suited to the smaller wheel base w/ lesser towing. Give the wheel area enough room to do a squared 305/45/22s 😈🤘 and a 50/50 weight distribution.

Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA

100%. Get a new 5.0, have ford slap a Whipple on it, run low 11’s in the 1/4 mile all day, add a 50-100 shot bottle and you’re into supercar territory. There will always be someone or something faster.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I couldn’t imagine a Whipple on my 5.0 Coyote. I’d love it though! I’ve gotten on it twice and both times it made the bed hop and spun wheels to the point traction control had to kick in. You’d have to 4WD launch it or ease into the pedal in 2WD.

I am ecstatic with this engine stock. Ford really worked some magic on this 4th generation of the 5.0L. They brought the meat of the torque band lower in the revs with lower lift profile on the cams while simultaneously adding top end horsepower by extending our redline and giving the VCT more actuation like the 1st generation version. Really improved both low end and top end over the 3rd gen used in 2020, can’t ask more than that on a naturally aspirated mill. The only thing is the 400 horsepower is @6,000 RPM, so I am not sure why Sport Mode has it go right up to 7,000 RPM. It feels like it wants to go to 8,000! Power doesn’t seem to fall off so it must carry that 400 horsepower up to 7,000 RPM.

Last edited:

Bettermoa

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150, 21 Accord, 72 Monte
Occupation
Operating Engineer
I bought the PB for its differences and if it gets better efficiency and can power tools in the process that’s what I’m applauding, the fact it’s heavier and still hauls the mail is a bonus

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Its the Weight of the vehicle at 5794 and 5562lbs that blows me away. My xlt if you deduct the payload from the GVWR is 5203. An extra 360lbs or 591 lbs is going to create a performance and mpg penalty every day of the week.

I get happier with my choice of vehicle every time I read something like this.
Sponsored