Sponsored

Powerboost Oil Change - Time Dependent?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
When/if my 2022 Powerboost comes in I was wondering what others do that may be in my situation. I may be putting low miles on this truck due to new working arrangements from previous decades. I now work from home instead of commuting 35K miles a year. I have always used Mobil 1 and have always had great success with it. However when you drive 35+k miles a year you are under your car changing oil about every other month.

Now I may struggle to drive 5000 a year and probably less. Do you still go by mileage for oil changes or should I use a formula like "XXXX miles or 1 year whatever comes first".

I plan to use a Valvoline Oil Change facility that is in my area and use Valvoline's full synthetic.

Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Yep, manual states you can follow the oil life monitor, but do not exceed 1 year between changes
Thanks for looking Oxford. I will have to look and download a manual before the truck comes in. That could be some good reading. I will probably be on the once a year schedule.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I would say every 4K miles or yearly anniversary whichever one comes first… with the first oil change at 1k miles
Sponsored