Powerboost no ready light on start up

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
This morning before I left for work, I hop in the truck after its been remote started for close to 15 minutes. I do the usual process, step on the brake and hit the button. Green ready light wouldn't come on. I turn it off and back on, still no ready light. Turn it off again and pop open the door so it thinks I am leaving, cycle it on again and no ready light. This time I try to drive it and technically speaking, it worked and let me reverse a little but I had no power steering.

Running out of troubleshooting options off the top of my head, I throw it into sport mode so the engine comes on and everything comes to life. Then I went to work, The end.

Its a first for me, I don't know what I experienced but hopefully its a one off situation. Anything similar from anyone else?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Without knowing what the SOC of your Hybrid battery, you can't confirm whether the no-ready light was your truck not being at the ready state of all hybrid parameters.

Certainly driving the truck in ICE mode will charge the HV battery and perhaps trigger the ready light at some point.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
I have had this happen a couple of times. When I shifted into reverse the ready light did come on and I had normal behavior (power steering, electric motor moving me backwards, etc.).

Not been able to reliably reproduce. Any chance you have installed a tune?

OP
OP
JerryLZ

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
I have had this happen a couple of times. When I shifted into reverse the ready light did come on and I had normal behavior (power steering, electric motor moving me backwards, etc.).

Not been able to reliably reproduce. Any chance you have installed a tune?
No tunes, everything’s stock aside from a couple forscan things. So since this was awhile ago, a couple things happened inbetween. My truck kept going into deep sleep mode about 5 minutes after I would get home from work every day.
Ford F-150 Powerboost no ready light on start up 092C5166-76D4-4620-AB0C-D13E20C8D6D4

^ that popped up once when I was leaving work. I eventually got it into ford this last Wednesday and they tested and discharged my battery and recharged it to full for now. Hopefully it stays away but I’ve been driving 6 days a week since I got the truck in October.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The 12v battery SOC by default is set to 80% and is under-charged for AGM batteries. If you do a lot of short trips the system will have a very hard time keeping the 12v battery at 80%, especially in winter time. What can eventually happen is the 12v system SOC will drop down to 50% and present the warning you posted. Best thing to do is use Forscan and go into the BCM module search for Battery and increase the SOC setting from 80 to 95% then make sure you for one or two 25+ mile drives a week if the majority are under 10 miles to keep it at or near 95%. Having mine set to 95% I never get deep sleep alerts or low 12v alerts like this. Well with the exception of when it sat at the dealer for 23 days waiting for parts to repair the heat exchanger leak, but then it took 20 days for the Ford app to alert me it was entering deep sleep.

Sponsored

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Antimatter Blue PB XLT High
Nothing of value to add except another data point. I had this happen twice in the last couple of months.

First time I shut it off and restarted it and it started acting normally. I don't recall what happened prior to the problem that case.

Second time was after remote start had run and shut off. It moved forward, but steering was "locked". Luckily, I could back it right back to where it was parked. Tried to shut down and restart a couple of times after that and the problem continued. Walked away for 15 minutes and then it started normally next time.

I never saw any warnings in either case.

TruckGuy2023

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
This morning before I left for work, I hop in the truck after its been remote started for close to 15 minutes. I do the usual process, step on the brake and hit the button. Green ready light wouldn't come on. I turn it off and back on, still no ready light. Turn it off again and pop open the door so it thinks I am leaving, cycle it on again and no ready light. This time I try to drive it and technically speaking, it worked and let me reverse a little but I had no power steering.

Running out of troubleshooting options off the top of my head, I throw it into sport mode so the engine comes on and everything comes to life. Then I went to work, The end.

Its a first for me, I don't know what I experienced but hopefully its a one off situation. Anything similar from anyone else?
I had the same problem, no ready light when starting and dashboard saying "stop safely now". After an hour of research online while waiting for the tow truck, and reading your post, I ultimately put it in sport mode immediately upon pressing the start button and it finally started. So maybe that is the solution? Thanks for writing your post, saved me a tow.
Sponsored