First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited, 2020 Range Rover, 2019 Audi A5
Occupation
Architect
I have about 4000 miles on my Limited Hybrid already and was hoping that the off the line jumpiness and shifting would smooth out, but it has not. Anyone else have this issue ? It starts in 1st then immediately hunts for another gear and then feels like it can't figure out if its going to be elec or gas starting off..... then onto 2nd and then 3rd.... and is not the smoothest thing. Kind of makes the truck sway a bit back and fourth a little in the process, like the little train that could going up a hill. I've tried differing take off style: Slowly getting into the gas pedal and then also getting on it quicker...both have same result.

Aggravating for an 85000 truck. Not as smooth as I would like. I think if there was a way to lock out first it would be better and always start in gas ! 10 speeds and the 1st is definitely a granny gear staying in it for about 1 second.
Sponsored

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Don't have an answer, haven't received my truck yet, but wondering what mode are driving in when it happens?

Waxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 4x4, Star White
Perhaps not to your extreme, but over the last 800 miles or so (2500 miles total), my PB had developed a hard shift feel when it goes from 1st to 3rd. Sort of a "clunk". Smooth from 3rd to 10th. There have been some other threads on this and it sounds like it may be fixed with a software/code reset. I am not up on that, but it is top of my list when I return to the dealer.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I don't have the answer but my limited powerboost will do it also at times - it's in 1st and when accelerating it's like the transmission is struggling to find 2nd etc..

OP
OP

BudLeary

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited, 2020 Range Rover, 2019 Audi A5
Occupation
Architect
I don't have the answer but my limited powerboost will do it also at times - it's in 1st and when accelerating it's like the transmission is struggling to find 2nd etc..
Staggering a bit.

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
no issues at all. I can't even tell when it changes gears and it is very smooth.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
You can go to dealer and ask them to reset the transmission adaptive learning. Fixed that stuff for me but I did it myself with forscan

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Have them go through the TSB for harsh shifting and update the PCM. I'd also have them clear the shift tables after the update, but that should help you out a lot. My truck is better post update.

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
My 2021 Platinum PB is at the dealer right now for this exact issue. When I told them about it, all the service writers were saying it’s normal to skip 2nd gear. I explained it’s not just skipping 2nd, the truck takes off, gets stuck in neutral for a sec or 2 then slams 3rd. When they called the next day to give me an update, they said we looked into the shifting problem and yeah it’s really bad. So they’ve acknowledged there’s a problem. I’ll try and remember to post the fix when I get it back.

Larry0233

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
So I got my truck back and everything seems to be working great now. TCM and PCM were reprogrammed. They also replaced my battery because I had a “service 12v charging system” alert. This was causing my truck to stay in low 12v mode, I had no interior lights, approach functions weren’t working, app always said my truck was in deep sleep.
Sponsored