First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Can anyone ordering replacement parts post up the past number(s) then? May be a good item to buy and have in the truck just in case it disappears.
Sponsored

leenmn

First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 3.5 full hybrid
Occupation
cnc machinist
One more picture. I was just at the gas station, so I decided to take a picture with the pump nozzle in. It appears to me there is plenty of room between the pump handle and the locking pin on the door. I suppose you could bump it if you really tried, but it looks pretty unlikely to me.

IMG_0532.jpeg
Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid - showing fuel door open error message EA186F3A-B5C6-4DE7-AFDA-C2403BEEE72B

leenmn

First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
cnc machinist
I just modeled it today and will make some of them this weekend! I think the dia where the rubber slide into is a little small! I will make a little bit bigger so it can fit in with the rubber! Will see I will keep it posted for you guys

Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid - showing fuel door open error message 8C41F9FB-4FFB-4CDC-9F77-5729AE467A5C

Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid - showing fuel door open error message 98A76988-A5FA-43FB-8780-011C47E5DE2C

Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid - showing fuel door open error message 1F559321-7112-4213-9D67-90CA95053549

Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid - showing fuel door open error message 895B58B8-4CDE-41B9-9AB7-7BCE3FDD85EA

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
I just modeled it today and will make some of them this weekend! I think the dia where the rubber slide into is a little small! I will make a little bit bigger so it can fit in with the rubber! Will see I will keep it posted for you guys
Any update on this? I broke and lost the little plastic latch thing. I know a couple people with 3D printers so this would save me a trip to the dealer.

leenmn

First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
cnc machinist
Any update on this? I broke and lost the little plastic latch thing. I know a couple people with 3D printers so this would save me a trip to the dealer.
I have to modified my part a little to make it works so I readjusted my model. I will remake them on next week. Originally, i purposely made a slot a little small and two notches a little of bit wider thinking that when you push in and turn then it will hold up more sturdy, then i have shave a little of notches to made it fit and slide through and it worked. I opened and closed a few time with OEM rubber: no problem , It works as it supposes. Since i accidently removed the cover the other day, I com up with different design: the part is the same but i will drill a M4 at the end of the part, so when I install the rod: I take cover off first, then slide it through, then use M4 and a washer to hold it tight on the back: Then that sucker never be able pop again and stay there forever! I will made a new parts and try again as I said next Friday. I will video machining, install and show you guys,
@grog: if you broke one, i can send you one after I tested. If you want.
Have a great holiday!

Sponsored

USAFChief

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
My fuel filler door had the same issue today. Filled the tank, closed the door, drove home and then the error message came on saying the door was open. I pushed in on it and the message was still on so I opened it manually, and the Little plastic piece that sits inside the rubber shroud shot out at me like it was spring loaded. Landed on the ground. I scheduled an appointment to have the dealer fix it, but then when I messed around with it tonight I was able to get it locked back in. I think it is just barely seated inside the fuel door, so you will have to be really careful when you remove the gas pump handle because if you bump it at all, you will dislodge it. I am going to have to try to figure out how to have some extras of those in the cab so that if I ever lose it, I have an extra one I can use.
What piece was missing? Mine is doing it and a photo would be great of
The missing piece

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
Lots of pictures on page 2 of this thread.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
I have to modified my part a little to make it works so I readjusted my model. I will remake them on next week. Originally, i purposely made a slot a little small and two notches a little of bit wider thinking that when you push in and turn then it will hold up more sturdy, then i have shave a little of notches to made it fit and slide through and it worked. I opened and closed a few time with OEM rubber: no problem , It works as it supposes. Since i accidently removed the cover the other day, I com up with different design: the part is the same but i will drill a M4 at the end of the part, so when I install the rod: I take cover off first, then slide it through, then use M4 and a washer to hold it tight on the back: Then that sucker never be able pop again and stay there forever! I will made a new parts and try again as I said next Friday. I will video machining, install and show you guys,
@grog: if you broke one, i can send you one after I tested. If you want.
Have a great holiday!
This would be so great! Please keep everyone posted (so to speak) on your progress. I’d buy a few of them from you — or just the design if I can 3D print it.

Tucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
I'll be picking my powerboost up end of the month, and live in Oregon... sadly we cant pump our own gas and I swear they hire the most incompetent morons to do the gas pumping, I have a feeling this is going to be a issue for me with them hitting this and breaking it off.

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
I'll be picking my powerboost up end of the month, and live in Oregon... sadly we cant pump our own gas and I swear they hire the most incompetent morons to do the gas pumping, I have a feeling this is going to be a issue for me with them hitting this and breaking it off.
I thought they changed that law awhile back, so it was optional for you to do it yourself.

Sponsored

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
The peg on my fuel door is very loose and has fallen off before. I showed it to the service mgr and he said that’s not right. He ordered a new fuel door today and it comes in tomorrow.
He said he wants to see how the new one is attached. Thought they could use existing painted door.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
The peg on my fuel door is very loose and has fallen off before. I showed it to the service mgr and he said that’s not right. He ordered a new fuel door today and it comes in tomorrow.
He said he wants to see how the new one is attached. Thought they could use existing painted door.
They can def use the old door. Easy swap. But I’ve been waiting for three weeks for my new door assembly to come in. <grrrr>
Sponsored