First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
i am trying to order the part number Mention on the top but the drawing of it not Showing that plastic post Anyone have a picture of that part with the plastic post showing Try to call Ford But they really don’t know what I’m talking about very happy that you guys are experiencing the same problem And I know it will keep on happening I really need to keep some of those posts extra inside the truck and pop them up every time they will get lost
I want the part number also, my dealership was gonna order something that cost $170 bucks.
Sponsored

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I just had mine serviced under warranty for this. The post pictured by BlackCloud previously was broken from day 1 on mine. If it’s ever helpful to anyone searching this in the future, the part number is ML3Z-8327936-C. It’s the entire fuel door hinge. They do not appear to sell just the post in the rubber accordion bit.
My dealership told me this part is on back order for a cost of $170 bucks. I’m contacting Ford today to inform them of our issue and ask for part number of only the pin, not the entire assembly. I’ll keep all updated on my progress.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Same thing just happened to me today -- and they can't see me until Aug 11, so I'll be driving about 18 hours before then. Can't believe they'd put something so fragile 2" from where fuel pumps go... I know when mine broke because I had to strech to get the pump to the truck (these gas stations in the big city are tiny) and the handle rested against the door. At least it's good to know that there will not be a loss pressure, even though the tank will be open for the world to play with while I'm waiting for the part.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
There is a little plastic rod about an inch long that is supposed to be in the tubing you mention. It falls out very easily, fortunately I found mine when I returned to the gas station I had just left. Therre needs to be a fix.
This seems like a perfect example of something that could be 3D printed, even at a dealership/service shop for a nominal fee. Once I get mine fixed, I’ll see if I can get a good scan and put some plans online for others to use at home.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I feel sorry for the PB owners that live in states that aren't allowed to pump their own fuel, those fuel jockeys aren't easiest when filling the truck up. Keep a close eye on the fill-up.

Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
mine broke off months ago, dealership is pathetic and can't seem to fix anything...trying a new dealership

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Diacritical, I was thinking the same thing.... perfect application for a 3D printer. Hope we can get a plan put online. I'm still waiting for the replacement assembly to come in to the dealer.
As others noted, they had to order the whole assembly. Wasteful nonsense (The dealer agreed… at least they covered it under warranty).

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Happened to me yesterday for the first time and hopefully the last.
As to why it falls out? I have a habit of lightly bumping the cover closed because it just doesn't close tight without a little pressure. So, will not bump any more. Just need to push hard. My bad...

It only goes in one way. The plastic post has a keyed ramped edge. It must be placed in the correct position, pushed and turned to make the notch face 12 o'clock. But before you do that, slide the boot over it. The bottom of the boot must slip over the ring around the bottom of the keyed bottom.

I could not apply enough pressure with my fingers because it was just to slippery. So I used a pair of long nose pliers. Do everything above, slide the boot back to expose the notch. Make sure notch is facing up. Cannot emphasize this enough. Grab the notch with the long nose, apply slight pressure toward door and turn it counter clockwise. It should be a lil tight and you want that. As turning, the post will ride up the ramp at the base and lock in.

It was suggested to maybe add a little crazy glue. Do not do that! Use a very little dab of silicone around the outer edge if you feel it will happen again. Anything like plastiweld, gorrila glue, superglue will melt and deform the plastic. Plus you will never get it off without breaking it which you will have to replace the base of the door. A toothpick size dab of silicone will at least let you break it free to remove.

If you are whacking it with the gas pump and break it. Well that's on you. Be careful. I've never came close to hitting it with the nozzle.

Sponsored

Margaret

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat powerboost
Occupation
self employeed
Yup I have the same problem 2 weeks old and the fuel door open error code comes up. the gasket and post are gone. What a stupid design! I will be calling the dealership Monday.

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
Add me to the list of unfortunate new PB owners experiencing new found fun with the plastic POS post that popped off. I can’t find mine so here I sit at the dealership with my month old new truck. Of course they don’t stock the assembly, so I’m getting a whole new door, which has to be painted. I was warned that will add time to getting it fixed. Hopefully nothing undesirable finds its way into my tank!
I otherwise really like the truck now that I am getting used to the quirks that come with a hybrid.

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
Update. Dealer is ordering just the post assembly. I think word is out with Ford because they’re readily available. Mine will be here tomorrow via fed ex. I also have a very good dealership. More of a family owned mom and pop place, but the service is usually top notch. They play the long game so You get treated like an asset rather than a liability.

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Had my first fill up yesterday. Hit the release button and when I went to open the door the post and rubber seal fell out to the ground. Luckily I had seen this post and thought to check this assembly.

Had to spend a few minutes looking at it to see how it would all appear together. Like @BHunted1 mentioned I could not get a good grip on it with just my hands so went two blocks over to my dealership. Their service department was amazed that that piece is as flimsy as it is. A good twist with a pair of pliers and everything was back to normal.

Have to say this is a very bad design. My wife has a 2020 Niro Hybrid that also latches the fuel door. She has banged and beaten on it with the fuel nozzle and hers still latches just fine and nothing has fallen off her fuel cap.
Sponsored