Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Thank you very much.

Thank you very much. Your reply made me think it was worth me trying again directly with my dealership. They’ve been very kind and helpful in the past, and I didn’t want to go above their head and have negative repercussions for them. I called them again, and they told me to come by any time to have my error code checked. I swung by today and they are taking my truck back to replace the part as I type this. They were great. I think the person I spoke with last time just misunderstood.

Thank you!
So glad we could help!
Sponsored

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
My truck is only missing the little plastic peg and rubber boot.

Does anyone know the part number to just order that part?

If I order ML3Z8327936C, does it come with the plastic peg and rubber boot on the fuel door?

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
My truck is only missing the little plastic peg and rubber boot.

Does anyone know the part number to just order that part?

If I order ML3Z8327936C, does it come with the plastic peg and rubber boot on the fuel door?
It is the whole assembly, including the peg and boot.

steve1040

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Sorry to bring this thread back up: I currently have a 2021 F150 Hybrid.
I started have this issue a couple of days ago after filling up. Looks like I'm missing the plastic peg in the middle of the rubber housing.
I've scheduled an appointment with the service department.
Question does this fall under a warranty repair?
If not I'll order the part and fix it myself

Thanks

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The first week I had my truck the plastic peice and peg fell off, I barely touched it with the gas nozzle it flew off, such a crap design.

Sponsored

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I started have this issue a couple of days ago after filling up. Looks like I'm missing the plastic peg in the middle of the rubber housing.

Thanks
Yes it will be warranty repair, don't let them update your software it will brick your truck. Took my truck to fix the gas tank cover and get blue cruise update now the truck is bricked.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Thanks
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Ordered one last Friday. I’ll send install images when it gets here.
Thanks, would you mind measuring the dimensions of the factory part, please?
I have the base, not the pin that broke off and disappeared.
These bird beaks indicate the dimensions I think I need to print something (or hand cut a piece of dowel, maybe.)
Thanks,
Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid - showing fuel door open error message 1670344767702

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Ordered one last Friday. I’ll send install images when it gets here.
Thanks, would you mind measuring the dimensions of the factory part, please?
I have the base, not the pin that broke off and disappeared.
These bird beaks indicate the dimensions I think I need to print something (or hand cut a piece of dowel, maybe.)
Thanks,
1670344767702.png
I hope you are copying the OEM part like you said and not blatantly copying my part and plan to reproduce/offer it as your own solution, that's not acceptable by any means.

The markings on the OEM pin indicate that the plastic they used is very strong, perhaps the strongest you can utilize in this application. There is nothing in the 3D printing market from a materials standpoint (even fiber reinforced compared to the injection molded material) that can be printed stronger than the OEM part. It will just fail again but even sooner. Just my two cents as I've beat down this path already while developing the aluminum anodized pin I offer now. The OEM pin has so many design flaws outside of being plastic as well.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
I won’t be sending out anything on your product other than how it looks installed, for sure. Should be here today or tomorrow.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I hope you are copying the OEM part like you said and not blatantly copying my part and plan to reproduce/offer it as your own solution, that's not acceptable by any means.

The markings on the OEM pin indicate that the plastic they used is very strong, perhaps the strongest you can utilize in this application. There is nothing in the 3D printing market from a materials standpoint (even fiber reinforced compared to the injection molded material) that can be printed stronger than the OEM part. It will just fail again but even sooner. Just my two cents as I've beat down this path already while developing the aluminum anodized pin I offer now. The OEM pin has so many design flaws outside of being plastic as well.
I have no intention of copying your product. If anything, I'll probably be a customer if Ford doesn't just replace the part under warranty. I'd rather pay you $50 than reward them for their flawed part by buying the whole assembly; only to have it fail again.
My interest is as a diy. I'll print a few attempts, maybe fashion one out of aluminum rod, trial and error till it latches satisfactorily. See what happens.

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order