First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Did anyone but oil catch can for their new powerboost hybrid yet? Where would be the best place to purchase one? Thanks
Sponsored

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
No need. The 3.5L ecoboost base engine does not need it. In fact, a can in winter can freeze and ruin you seals.

CAL-150

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lab Owner
It's the powerboost hybrid not ecoboost
The powerboost uses the 3.5 ecoboost engine, it just mates an electric motor with it but it is still running the 3.5.

Sponsored

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
I'm interested in installing one but, it looks like the power boost system takes up spot where catch can should be mounted?

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Iconic Silver FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Contractor
I'm interested in installing one but, it looks like the power boost system takes up spot where catch can should be mounted?
Correct. Dealer told me today that it won’t work on my PB. I’m sending it back. Probably do t really need it anyway.

cverdone

First Name
Chaz F-150
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 powerboost
I emailed JLT and they are coming out with a catch can for the powerboost at the end of summer. So it should be soon. I had one on my 14 ecoboost and it was awesome. I noticed the difference from the oil the dealership put in to the amsoil input in. A lot less nastiness in the catch can.

Outdoorsygal

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘09 Expedition (formerly F350 PS SCrew)
Occupation
law
PS not just lurking here . . . looking to buy a powerboost SCrew Tuesday before 0% intsrest deal expires. Doing my homework ;)

Sponsored

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
No need for the CC, if u read up on the reason thet used one years ago u will see why u dont Need one now, Dont waste your money on one!

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
The only catch can that I know about is the one I put on my drag bike to collect all the oil when she blows Sky hi.????

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
No need for the CC, if u read up on the reason thet used one years ago u will see why u dont Need one now, Dont waste your money on one!
My dealer told me the same thing, also cutting hoses and adding volume to the closed system will eventually throw codes and alerts on the dash. Dealer told me they have a really good vacuum in this system and with the combination of direct and port injection the valves will stay clean. Use good quality gas and change oil every 5K or so and you should be fine.

Alain.vue

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter
I put a J&L oil catch can on my brand new 2022 powerboost and this is what i got when i poured it out. Coffee like color and the viscosity was similiar to water. Minor oil sludge at the bottom after i poured it out. 2600 miles currently. Anyone with similiar findings?

Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid catch can 615068A9-EEDB-4247-B3A2-42CF42FA011B
Sponsored