Sponsored

Powerboost HP / Torque Predictions? Timing?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Got this from my dealer today. It is information from the Ford ordering system. Monday my order information slipped a month to 24 Nov from 26 Oct and I have a VIN already. I think it is going to be more than a few weeks unfortunately.

"the Hybrid engine is a controlled commodity meaning it is in short supply"
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I just had the opportunity to view a preproduction Hybrid XLT and speak with the Ford Rep. He was very professional and spoke candidly, lots of interesting information we spoke about.
All I can say is be excited. The hybrid is not just hype.

Cheers
You can't come in here and say that and drop the mic and leave, you have to tell us what he said!

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
You can't come in here and say that and drop the mic and leave, you have to tell us what he said!
Hahaha true, sorry about that, he said alot! We spoke about it for around 15 minutes.

I was not given HP or Torque numbers but he did not dismiss my estimate of 450 HP ecoboost with a 47 hp electric motor. He gave the standard answer, "best in class HP and Torque is the target" and did say that I will be very happy with it.

I also think based on the conversation, the towing rate could go up. These could be some of the reasons why we are still waiting.

Those numbers should be out in the next 2 weeks.

Fuel economy, should be as advertised based on the discussion, or very close.
This truck was a preproduction model, so some things maybe different.

Personally, the truck looks awesome. Way better than pictures or videos.

Hope this is a little more detailed.

Cheers

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Norheat thanks for coming back and giving us the details. This wait is killing us. I'm really hoping the 23 mpg number that came from the 700 mile range quote at the reveal is the city/combined number, where hybrids typically do best. Highway mileage is going to be what it's going to be based on aerodynamics and drivers' normal cruise speeds. I don't think we're going to see 30 mpg highway like some of the baby diesels, but I'd love to be wrong about that. Power and towing numbers will be nice to finally know actual figures for, but class leading and the most powerful powertrain offered until the raptor hits is all I needed to hear to be excited about those numbers.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Norheat thanks for coming back and giving us the details. This wait is killing us. I'm really hoping the 23 mpg number that came from the 700 mile range quote at the reveal is the city/combined number, where hybrids typically do best. Highway mileage is going to be what it's going to be based on aerodynamics and drivers' normal cruise speeds. I don't think we're going to see 30 mpg highway like some of the baby diesels, but I'd love to be wrong about that. Power and towing numbers will be nice to finally know actual figures for, but class leading and the most powerful powertrain offered until the raptor hits is all I needed to hear to be excited about those numbers.
Roger350, no problem. Yes the fuel economy we discussed was what he was getting driving around town etc.
It's better than my 2018 5.0 L gets on the highway and that suggests that it was 23 mpg he was getting.

We also discussed the Bang and Olufsen unleashed stereo system. The truck he was in did not have it but he has listened to it and said it is as good as or even better than the best in the Lincoln's.

We never talked Raptor.
The Hybrid is expected to be 10 percent of engines going into the truck and in Canada, it might even be higher because of the cost of fuel.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Roger350, no problem. Yes the fuel economy we discussed was what he was getting driving around town etc.
It's better than my 2018 5.0 L gets on the highway and that suggests that it was 23 mpg he was getting.

We also discussed the Bang and Olufsen unleashed stereo system. The truck he was in did not have it but he has listened to it and said it is as good as or even better than the best in the Lincoln's.

We never talked Raptor.
The Hybrid is expected to be 10 percent of engines going into the truck and in Canada, it might even be higher because of the cost of fuel.
I think it is going to be way higher than that just based on it having way more torque and hp. Not to mention the better generator system. That is a lot of bang for the buck in these high end models. Just my opinion though

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think it is going to be way higher than that just based on it having way more torque and hp. Not to mention the better generator system. That is a lot of bang for the buck in these high end models. Just my opinion though
Yes, I agree. They want people in the Powerboost.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Based on the comments made across all the forums, on F150Gen14, the Powerboost is the preferred engine by the majority. That being said, those of us hawking this board for clues/answers/teasers/scoop are not your average F150 buyer. So, certainly, for the masses, the Hybrid may not be what they opt for. If there is one thing I am confident of its that Ford has a pretty good handle on what sells, or will sell, in their two volume models, the XLT and Lariat. I'm ok with that, because I don't want to hear the hybrid is sold out when I go to place my order!

nikonmansocal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I suspect ford is delaying announcements on the new hybrid power train figures until the current rebates and pco's for leftover 2020's expire (9/30) so they can maximize incentives to clear the lots.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Don't know how many rebates and incentives we will see on the 21s. Because of the virus and delays getting the 21 MY setup and started, Ford is expecting to produce around 100,000 units less in the 21 MY.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I haven't looked at recent rebates, but just by driving around, I can tell you that Ford is your best place (now, but certainly later) to find a deal on a new truck right now in NW Arkansas. Chevy, GMC, Dodge, & Toyota lots are empty. Ford isn't having any issues stocking F-150's.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Everything I've read shows the PowerBoost with the regular 3.5 eco motor. The limited may still come with the HO in a non-PowerBoost configuration.
THE NEW HP AND TORQUE NUMBERS ARE OUT!

Ford F-150 Powerboost HP / Torque Predictions? Timing? 1601381605637

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
THE NEW HP AND TORQUE NUMBERS ARE OUT!

1601381605637.jpeg
Those are great numbers for the Eco, I wounder how they boosted it that much. Must have new turbo's.

Last edited:

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I question the numbers released. they say that both the Eco boost 3.5 and Hybrid share the same 400 HP rated engine. If you add the electric motor to the mix, and its 47 HP you should be 447hp and 570 ft lbs of torque. Unless the math is wrong on the electric motor. Maybe they are claiming 430 HP knowing its actual more? I would suspect that it is going to be fast.

Any estimates on 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
it could be 5 seconds to 60mph and 13.5 seconds 1/4 mile maybe faster. what do you think?
Sponsored