Powerboost Fuel Gauge Issues

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I have a brand new 2022 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost, built in January 2022. My fuel gauge started acting weird lately. First, when the truck was almost empty (like 30 miles left as per the fuel gauge) I refilled the truck all the way to the top, restarted the truck and to my shocking surprise, the fuel gauge stayed at almost empty with 30 miles left. Only after driving around for 15-20 minutes, it jumped to 3/4 full and then it slowly climbed to full. On my next refill, the gauge jumped up to 5/6 full and took a good half an hour until it slowly went up to full. It seems to decrease the fuel level consistently with actual fuel left in the tank, but I would not vouch for the accuracy, hence I am refilling when it reaches 1/4 of tank left, just in case. Anyone else experiencing the same issue ?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a brand new 2022 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost, built in January 2022. My fuel gauge started acting weird lately. First, when the truck was almost empty (like 30 miles left as per the fuel gauge) I refilled the truck all the way to the top, restarted the truck and to my shocking surprise, the fuel gauge stayed at almost empty with 30 miles left. Only after driving around for 15-20 minutes, it jumped to 3/4 full and then it slowly climbed to full. On my next refill, the gauge jumped up to 5/6 full and took a good half an hour until it slowly went up to full. It seems to decrease the fuel level consistently with actual fuel left in the tank, but I would not vouch for the accuracy, hence I am refilling when it reaches 1/4 of tank left, just in case. Anyone else experiencing the same issue ?
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to assist you on my end!

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'd guess you have a bad sending unit in the tank. Just get it to your dealer. Warranty fix....

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I am suspecting bad sending unit as well, my dilemma is, how do I prove this to the dealer, how can they test this out.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Anyone's truck but yours. 😢

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I am suspecting bad sending unit as well, my dilemma is, how do I prove this to the dealer, how can they test this out.
Try filming you filling the tank and then getting in and starting the truck. Let the phone pickup the sound of the handle clicking off and the sound of fuel coming up the fill pipe.

ssbn740

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost; 2016 Explorer Limited
That sounds like an issue that has always plagued Fords when filling tank with ignition on. Makes me think the sensor isn't resetting and slowly climbs back to full like they do when you fill with them running. Just a thought.
Sponsored