Sponsored

Powerboost Failure

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
Driving home last night in electric mode at about 30mph my dash went completely black then a warning came up stating pull over safely. I had no throttle but still had steering. Once I pulled over and hit 0 mph it automatically went into park and the ignition kept turning on and off rapidly. Tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't work. Finally it stopped flickering on and off and I heard a large solenoid or relay pack click under the hood and I was able to start it again. Got towed to deliver last night for evaluation but haven't heard anything yet. They did say there were hybrid and ignition codes stored in the cloud. Deliver day driving it home 2 weeks ago the horn got locked on too which they stated was a bad clock spring which is on backorder. Waited 6 months for this and it's back in the shop again with only 650 miles. This sucks
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Driving home last night in electric mode at about 30mph my dash went completely black then a warning came up stating pull over safely. I had no throttle but still had steering. Once I pulled over and hit 0 mph it automatically went into park and the ignition kept turning on and off rapidly. Tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't work. Finally it stopped flickering on and off and I heard a large solenoid or relay pack click under the hood and I was able to start it again. Got towed to deliver last night for evaluation but haven't heard anything yet. They did say there were hybrid and ignition codes stored in the cloud. Deliver day driving it home 2 weeks ago the horn got locked on too which they stated was a bad clock spring which is on backorder. Waited 6 months for this and it's back in the shop again with only 650 miles. This sucks
Hey, can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your truck's performance issues.

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
Looks like there was a water intrusion somewhere on the passenger side A-pilar which soaked the BCM and wiring harness. They found corrosion and water from a week ago. Got to get those ordered/replaced and find out where the water is coming in. I have a sunroof so I'm wondering if it's coming in one of those drain tubes. It's forward progress and hopefully those parts don't take too long to get in. Big thanks to @Ford Motor Company in assisting the dealer.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Damn, that sucks.. but sounds like they are making progress with it. Hopefully they will get you all sorted out quickly.

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Wonder if it’s the windshield leaking? I thought I remembered there was an issue with some f150’s having an issue with that and having to get the it resealed.

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
Wonder if it’s the windshield leaking? I thought I remembered there was an issue with some f150’s having an issue with that and having to get the it resealed.
Mentioned the same thing to my SA, but he stated that was a recall for the glass falling out during an accident vs more so than leaking water. He said he'd have the body shop confirm though.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Mentioned the same thing to my SA, but he stated that was a recall for the glass falling out during an accident vs more so than leaking water. He said he'd have the body shop confirm though.
Either way probably going to have to replace the airbags along with all the damaged electronics. Surprised the water didn't make it to the carpet/jute and started stinking. Must have been a very small leak for it to not do that.

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
Either way probably going to have to replace the airbags along with all the damaged electronics. Surprised the leak didn't make it to the carpet/jute and started stinking. Must have been a very small leak for it to not do that.
I think it actually probably quite large. I only drove the vehicle for 10 days prior and this was the first rain the truck experienced. I heard some slushing around when I first took off that day and just caulked it up to the sunroof draining. Hopefully I get it back soon though; already miss it.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Heard it sloshing around? That's actually rather impressive..

Chances are they will have it for some time as they will need to identify the source of the leak, asses the total in damaged parts and order them and willing to bet many of those are on back-order. :(

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
I know right; they've had it for a week already and placed an order for parts today. Been working with Ford directly on this one to and they appear to have some urgency on this for me which is good. they follow up every couple of days with updates and mentioned expedited parts, so finger-crossed the Body Shop can find the leak.

OP
OP

Lockedandloaded08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 3.5
Looks like they think the water came in through the windshield somewhere. They removed it and resealed while still waiting in backorder parts. Had to finally return the dealer loaner yesterday which was a 22' XLT 3.5 and hit Enterprise for a loaner which is a base Ram 1500 with the 3.6. Night and difference between these trucks. Just hoping to get mine back soon; been almost a full month now. Ugh

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
That sucks, I’m sorry this happens to you! I’m feeling a bit cold-feet on my F150 order. I’ve always had Toyota or Honda, it’ll be the first time I drive a Ford, hope I don’t regret my choice.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Depending on what state you’re in, look into a lemon law buy back.

Even if you just want your truck fixed; it will likely result in a renewed sense of urgency from both Ford and the dealership.

Good luck!
Sponsored