mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
where did you find it?
Use the arrows on the right side of the steering wheel to get to the Configure MyView.

Then scroll down and add EV Coach. Once you do that you can scroll through the options until you see the EV Coach on the instrument panel.

Ford F-150 Powerboost EV Coach 9DE0DE56-978C-42F5-8472-1C3232F9B1E2

Ford F-150 Powerboost EV Coach F72732CB-6C97-4429-BA41-6161B6A53562
Sponsored

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited in Star White
Occupation
Retired from printing, engaged in Real Estate management
Has anyone tried enabling the "Journeys" beta in Fordpass yet? Talk about being nitpicked to death!

Screenshot_20210315-135203_FordPass.jpg

You get your full trip with every corner, brake, and acceleration graded. This is one way in a 3 mile trip to the store and there were 24 grades!

Screenshot_20210315-135217_FordPass.jpg

Like ok I SUCK ASS at braking! Got the message LMAO. But I can round corners like nobody's business ?
The info comes from your phone and not your truck. You can use journeys riding on a city bus, train or riding with a friend to determine if they drive as well as you do. lol

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited in Star White
Occupation
Retired from printing, engaged in Real Estate management
By the way, I’m a mile further up the road from Raley’s.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
By the way, I’m a mile further up the road from Raley’s.
Nice! The route I used yesterday to get the 28MPG was from Gold River I took Folsom blvd all the way to the Capital and then J and Fair Oaks back to Gold River. That route was pretty optimal for mostly flowing traffic but at lower speeds.

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
How well does it work if you use manual downshift rather than the brakes?

Sponsored

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Haven't tried that! But that is definitely the method used by the adaptive cruise... It keeps downshifting to maximize RPMs and regeneration, rather than friction. That will take some serious skill to get good at...

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
One of the other topics it was mentioned that using the Active Cruise in Eco mode maxes out the fuel economy. It does everything right for best numbers.

Also, don't forget regenerative braking in that "zero-sum" calculation ;)

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
Playing around with EV coach found that on local runs (< 10min, neighborhood driving) the window I get for electric power shrinks to almost zero after about 6 minutes of driving. Then the engine has to kick back on to recharge it for a bit. But I've heard others on here doing runs where they say the whole trip is almost all electric. I can rarely get my truck moving on all electric unless I'm willing to crawl out of the start. :) Does the above scenario sound normal to anyone else?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
One thing I have noticed while coming down large hills, it will charge more to the battery if you use light breaking the whole way rather than downshifting. You are not really using breaks but the generator to charge the battery and slow you down.

I notice that downshifting and coasting, the motor still runs and the scale showing how much charge is going to the battery is not as high as when you use light breaking. Light breaking will cause the motor to shut off and put more charge into the battery.

Sponsored

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
Thanks for that, @currybob - I've found that I can induce electric mode just as you say - a light tap on the brake. Just have to keep in mind that action also dis-engages cruise control..

PowerBoostXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 XLT >2010 XLT… 2021 XLT 302 Powerboost?
Ohh this EV coach will be fun. Our Volt has EV and Gas range gauges. I Always try and often succeed to prove it wrong and exceed the range… and keep with the traffic.
Ford F-150 Powerboost EV Coach A3A68CFD-FC30-4261-AF8E-EE89C2F6FA63

Cessnadog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
After weeks of trying to maximize my mileage I finally found myself running a bit tight on time and drove it like I would drive any other car… and I found out that I got better mileage. Not driving hard by any stretch of the imagination, but just my normal habits (rather than driving like a 90 year old sinner on her way to church). Since then I have experimented back and fourth and find the same result. Not sure I can explained why, but I am not convinced that you get the best mileage if you absolutely baby the thing.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
After weeks of trying to maximize my mileage I finally found myself running a bit tight on time and drove it like I would drive any other car… and I found out that I got better mileage. Not driving hard by any stretch of the imagination, but just my normal habits (rather than driving like a 90 year old sinner on her way to church). Since then I have experimented back and fourth and find the same result. Not sure I can explained why, but I am not convinced that you get the best mileage if you absolutely baby the thing.
I find getting into the higher gears on the tranny helps, even if you have to give it a bit more pedal then ease back.
Sponsored