Powerboost EV Coach

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Ahhh... I think the Ecoboosts also only had Trip1 and Trip2 there, I could be wrong. But in any case, sounds like they DID update the cards for job2. I don't have ANY trip meter there but that would be so useful! Instead I have the absolutely useless zone lighting, eco behavior, and propower. Only useful ones are nav and audio. I would DEFINITELY use fuel economy and trip meter though!

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/is-there-a-sync-4-difference-between-models.3264/
One of the easier mods with Forscan is adding Trip 1/2. My Trip doesn't seem to be available over there. I turned off zone and eco as I had no use for them. Propower I kept to see loads even though I have not yet used while driving.
Sponsored

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
I just want to say how great it is to see a Ford rep in this forum actually concerned with our issues/gripes. I know you cant fix everything but I at least appreciate the effort. Now if I could just get the BlueCruise update sent to my Job1 truck, i have a trip coming up and wanted to test it.... wink wink... LOL...

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
One of the easier mods with Forscan is adding Trip 1/2. My Trip doesn't seem to be available over there. I turned off zone and eco as I had no use for them. Propower I kept to see loads even though I have not yet used while driving.
Yep! I did exactly that. Added the trips and fuel economy, removed zone and eco behavior. Also added bed camera just in case by some miracle it worked but alas, it did not. Will need to get the ipma updated of course. (Job1 truck here)

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
@Ford Motor Company

I use ev-coach and eco-mode and I am still frustrated with the EV-HYBRID-Gas fuel Economy. I have adjusted my AFE from 1000 -->906 and the dash and hand calculations match at ~18.7mph the past 4 fill-ups, and before "winter gas" we only got 19.4mpg.

What are our options on how to get better fuel economy if we are following the ev-coach and using eco-mode already?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Have you driven without Eco Mode and just followed the EV coach in normal mode?

Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
So on the EV Coach, If you break hard enough you go out of the green and into white. Are we to assume this white area is friction braking?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Yes, white is traditional friction brakes. Green is regenerative braking.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
So out of curiosity, we changed where we were getting gas. We are on our second tank away from the 'normal' station and fuel economy has increased 2.8mpg on the current tank so far.

Old Fuel Station 18.9mpg
New Fuel Station 21.7mpg

Still 10% lower than stated fuel economy but closer...

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I have an EV coach question. When I am in regen braking, and I brake too hard, the green bar goes outside the the rectangle, I understand that indicates the use of regular brakes. The word “charge” also changes from white to green. Does this medicate something else?

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A PowerBoost 7.2kw
I have an EV coach question. When I am in regen braking, and I brake too hard, the green bar goes outside the the rectangle, I understand that indicates the use of regular brakes. The word “charge” also changes from white to green. Does this medicate something else?
I take it as an easy visual indicator to show braking is not charging the battery anymore as the actual brakes take over.
Sponsored