First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Apparently you just rant and don‘t read. I am clearly talking about the very first oil change (breaking engine in), not the life of the truck, in my initial post you’re ranting on.

Geez dude.
As was I. You don't read either, as I was saying that changing oil at the first 1,000 miles was needed 40 years ago not now. I never wrote that oil changes are needed every 1000 miles.
Sponsored

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
What is the schedule oil change? On my Ford pass its marked 16000km.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Yep im in the 7-10K a year oil change!! Only once a year for me---been doing it for years in all my cars.....

Sponsored

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
You got to wonder why Ford would go to the trouble & expense of putting oil life monitor in these trucks, if we are just supposed to ignore them. As smart as I am, I doubt that I know more than the people who designed the truck. I plan to follow their directions, as I have in the past. 215k on my 2015 3.5 ECOBOOST so far doing just that.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
You got to wonder why Ford would go to the trouble & expense of putting oil life monitor in these trucks, if we are just supposed to ignore them. As smart as I am, I doubt that I know more than the people who designed the truck. I plan to follow their directions, as I have in the past. 215k on my 2015 3.5 ECOBOOST so far doing just that.
If I were just driving normally I might extend the time between oil changes. However, the owners manual says to change oil at 5k intervals if the use is severe. About 40% of my driving is towing, I consider that severe use. Therefore I change at 5k miles.

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5

Do keep in mind that what you find in the manual isn't always, necessarily, exactly what the designers would recommend...amd your desires for the vehicle may be different than the ones that Ford has in mind when they write the manual or include the features.

After all, this is why modofactions exist, why people use forscan, why people use different tires and wheels, etc. Something, something, warranty period plays a factor as well I imagine.

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
If I were just driving normally I might extend the time between oil changes. However, the owners manual says to change oil at 5k intervals if the use is severe. About 40% of my driving is towing, I consider that severe use. Therefore I change at 5k miles.
That makes good sense to me. If I towed a lot, I would definitely shorten my normal oil change cycle. Most of my miles are ran with me babying the truck along at less than 1500rpms. I usually change my oil in my F150 at 20% of oil life left.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
My understanding of the oil life indicator is it does, in fact, take into account towing.

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
My understanding of the oil life indicator is it does, in fact, take into account towing.
I don't know if it does or doesn't. I'm not going to take that chance.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I don't know if it does or doesn't. I'm not going to take that chance.
My Corvette had an oil life indicator and it would show oil change needed with around 1500 miles but a year's time had elapsed. Figure the Ford system is the same.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
My Corvette had an oil life indicator and it would show oil change needed with around 1500 miles but a year's time had elapsed. Figure the Ford system is the same.
Ford says, at a minimum, the oil should be changed at least once a year.

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5
Does that logic apply to seat belt minders, putting itself in park, auto park brake, hands on wheel, watch the road, need a coffee break, can't input nav or certain settings while moving, traction control not totally defeatable, skip shift transmission programming, remote start limits, I'm sure there are a bunch more.

I find it interesting to see when Ford knows best and when the owners knows best. Seems to relate to the individual owners preference

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Does that logic apply to seat belt minders, putting itself in park, auto park brake, hands on wheel, watch the road, need a coffee break, can't input nav or certain settings while moving, traction control not totally defeatable, skip shift transmission programming, remote start limits, I'm sure there are a bunch more.

I find it interesting to see when Ford knows best and when the owners knows best. Seems to relate to the individual owners preference
I follow Ford guidelines from the Owner's Manual. It says to change oil every 5K miles if it's subject to severe use. I consider 40% towing falls under severe usage.
Sponsored