First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Searched through the forum to see if anyone has started a thread where other powerboost owners can share their experiences with using the mobile generator in unique ways. I think it would be a fun way to showcase the ability of the powerboost and pro power onboard. I use my mobile generator a lot, so I figured I’d post some stories. Others are more than welcome to share their adventures.

I’ll share a couple of my most recent outings.

a day of fun in the sun was almost derailed when the batteries in my waverunners didn’t have enough juice to turn over. Luckily I had a couple battery tenders at home. We enjoyed our lunch on the beach while the waverunners charged in the parking lot. 45 minutes of juice and we were off. I love the flexibility of the powerboost

Ford F-150 Powerboost doing Powerboost things 7BE720BF-44B7-4047-B5F4-DFCD62868144

A couple weeks ago my brother in law wanted to have his birthday with a few friends in the woods. So we found a remote location, penciled out the details, and made it happen. He’s a big mario fan, so I surprised him with mariokart in the wilderness on an 80” screen. The powerboost worked well to supply power for the projector, Nintendo switch, area lights, and we even had WiFi from the truck to download a few new tracks.

Ford F-150 Powerboost doing Powerboost things F5CCFB33-8B45-447F-BF2C-B18D9FCB8E4B
Sponsored

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
Looks like you're optimizing it's capabilities well!

What camper do you have there and how much does it weigh? I would love to have a camper online and be able to run AC using the truck's generator, it's just been hard to find one that's light enough.

OP
OP

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Looks like you're optimizing it's capabilities well!

What camper do you have there and how much does it weigh? I would love to have a camper online and be able to run AC using the truck's generator, it's just been hard to find one that's light enough.
I hear ya. It took us a long while to find something that would work. Seems like the two main options for “light weight” campers are shells with popups or smaller campers that start around 1,200-1,500lbs and cost $40,000. we were able to find this camper to meet our specs.

The camper itself is called a Roamin’ chariot. It was produced by a company in Spokane Washington that did not survive the 2008 downturn, so they can be hard to find. They have two separate lengths one for a 5.5 ft bed and one for a 6.5 ft bed. Our unit is the 5.5 since I wanted to be able to close the tailgate to be able to use the 360 camera system and for added security for my gear storage locker that I build underneath which also works as a riser, and use the tailgate as a porch. Our camper is 500-600lbs. Has a dinette that will seat 4 comfortably, and has a residential queen mattress (66”x80” with 6” depth of memory foam/padding).The top is a wedge style pop up, which has 7.5ft of standing room at the tailgate and drops to below 6.5 (my height) at the beginning of the dinette area. Ours has 30amp service so we just plug it into the powerboost and have all the comforts of home. The size of the unit is also nice because it doesn’t stick out past our mirrors, so tight forrest service roads are easier to navigate. I’ve been very impressed and happy with the chariot.

i don’t have any interior pictures from where we remodeled it and to show how the sliding bed system works to fit everything in a tight package.

Ford F-150 Powerboost doing Powerboost things A3E40CD7-AE88-46D7-AA78-CBCFF5165F65

Ford F-150 Powerboost doing Powerboost things A5AA3317-7693-46C0-B490-5F5379102554

Beercity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 701a F150 | 20 Escape hybrid | 13 Escape
Occupation
Dude Named Ben
I hear ya. It took us a long while to find something that would work. Seems like the two main options for “light weight” campers are shells with popups or smaller campers that start around 1,200-1,500lbs and cost $40,000. we were able to find this camper to meet our specs.

The camper itself is called a Roamin’ chariot. It was produced by a company in Spokane Washington that did not survive the 2008 downturn, so they can be hard to find. They have two separate lengths one for a 5.5 ft bed and one for a 6.5 ft bed. Our unit is the 5.5 since I wanted to be able to close the tailgate to be able to use the 360 camera system and for added security for my gear storage locker that I build underneath which also works as a riser, and use the tailgate as a porch. Our camper is 500-600lbs. Has a dinette that will seat 4 comfortably, and has a residential queen mattress (66”x80” with 6” depth of memory foam/padding).The top is a wedge style pop up, which has 7.5ft of standing room at the tailgate and drops to below 6.5 (my height) at the beginning of the dinette area. Ours has 30amp service so we just plug it into the powerboost and have all the comforts of home. The size of the unit is also nice because it doesn’t stick out past our mirrors, so tight forrest service roads are easier to navigate. I’ve been very impressed and happy with the chariot.

i don’t have any interior pictures from where we remodeled it and to show how the sliding bed system works to fit everything in a tight package.

A3E40CD7-AE88-46D7-AA78-CBCFF5165F65.jpeg

A5AA3317-7693-46C0-B490-5F5379102554.jpeg
That is an awesome setup with the tailgate step right up to the door.
Unfortunately it would end up being our spoiled boxer's private camping castle. She lays width ways between us across our king bed at home.
Even with having her own palace she would still whine until she was able to invade our queen bed in the TT.
Great thread, looking forward to Ford finishing my PB so I can post my usage.... hint hint.
Sponsored