Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm wondering if a faulty heat exchanger is still the culprit. :unsure:
Since he stated he is "pretty sure" his truck is leaking again, that does leave room for it not to be a leaking exhaust heat exchanger?
Sponsored

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Just over a month since repair and no leaks. Good sign so far but still checking weekly, and probably will for awhile.

Dadnkid

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Government
Add me to the list please. Purchased 8/15/22. Received the engine coolant overheat warning 9/10/22. Pulled over to and checked coolant. The large reservoir was empty while the small tank was full. Added coolant and continued the trip. This happened at 1.5K miles on vehicle. After reading the forums, identified and confirmed the leak on the heat exchanger. Taking to the dealership on 10/3/22 for diagnostic and order part(s). Hopefully, I get to keep using truck until parts come in as they don’t have loaner available and I’m number 10 on the waiting list.
Other issues I’m having is the rear windows don’t work. Stuck in the up position, and gear shifter is head to shift gears (something). Vehicle info: build 01/22, XLT, 5.5 bed

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Add me to the list please. Purchased 8/15/22. Received the engine coolant overheat warning 9/10/22. Pulled over to and checked coolant. The large reservoir was empty while the small tank was full. Added coolant and continued the trip. This happened at 1.5K miles on vehicle. After reading the forums, identified and confirmed the leak on the heat exchanger. Taking to the dealership on 10/3/22 for diagnostic and order part(s). Hopefully, I get to keep using truck until parts come in as they don’t have loaner available and I’m number 10 on the waiting list.
Other issues I’m having is the rear windows don’t work. Stuck in the up position, and gear shifter is head to shift gears (something). Vehicle info: build 01/22, XLT, 5.5 bed
Darn. What's the blend date of the truck? I'd hate to think this problem continues with newer built trucks.
Darn. What's the blend date of the truck? I'd hate to think this problem continues with newer built trucks.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He stated build 1/2022

Sponsored

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes sir.
And I was wondering too. :)

Dadnkid

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Government
Missed that. That would fall in line with a lot of us.
Yeah, it was built Jan 2022. The last 4 digit is 8455.

If this is what to expect for my time with this vehicle, I'm ready to throw in the towel and move on. The use truck market is this good and can get most it not all my money back trading it in to CarMax.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, it was built Jan 2022. The last 4 digit is 8455.

If this is what to expect for my time with this vehicle, I'm ready to throw in the towel and move on. The use truck market is this good and can get most it not all my money back trading it in to CarMax.
No way of knowing for sure.
I have 2 Powerboost (1 personal, 1 work) and had a third for about 50 weeks.

None of them has ever made a visit to the dealership for anything at all.
I realize a forum can skew our perception, but there are 1000 Powerboost trucks for every Powerboost represented on this forum.

You might never have another issue that sidelines your truck again. Or you could have a dead battery next month. (another not uncommon issue with these trucks)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good morning! I can assist with your engine concern. Could you send over your VIN and Ford dealer info in a private message?

Sponsored

Dadnkid

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Government
No way of knowing for sure.
I have 2 Powerboost (1 personal, 1 work) and had a third for about 50 weeks.

None of them has ever made a visit to the dealership for anything at all.
I realize a forum can skew our perception, but there are 1000 Powerboost trucks for every Powerboost represented on this forum.

You might never have another issue that sidelines your truck again. Or you could have a dead battery next month. (another not uncommon issue with these trucks)
Very true and completely agree with you. I think, with no research, that most of the people that are posting with issues are having issues and seeking information. Thank you for the positivity and I’ll keep everyone updated. The vehicle was dropped off today and even though my appointment time is for today, I’m seeing that most dealerships new practice is to schedule you and but only put your vehicle into que for diagnostic. Very frustrating but understandable the reasoning behind it. Don’t agree with it because they’re putting the burden of waiting on to the customer

Cuse0307

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Operations Manager
Since he stated he is "pretty sure" his truck is leaking again, that does leave room for it not to be a leaking exhaust heat exchanger?
It’s still the Heat Exchanger. I live in the Northeast and recently turned my heat on during the morning when it was in the 40’s to drop my daughter off at day care.

The last time my dealer repaired the leak they stated they pointed out to corporate what they believe the problem was. When I called Friday they said the fix to the problem now does not require replacing the entire part and it should be here Thursday. Like most of us my truck was built in January of 2022. What I don’t get is how I’ve had 2 replacement parts fail as well. I think it may have to do with the extreme temperatures(hot and cold) that I experience where I live in Syracuse New York.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s still the Heat Exchanger. I live in the Northeast and recently turned my heat on during the morning when it was in the 40’s to drop my daughter off at day care.

The last time my dealer repaired the leak they stated they pointed out to corporate what they believe the problem was. When I called Friday they said the fix to the problem now does not require replacing the entire part and it should be here Thursday. Like most of us my truck was built in January of 2022. What I don’t get is how I’ve had 2 replacement parts fail as well. I think it may have to do with the extreme temperatures(hot and cold) that I experience where I live in Syracuse New York.
Your situation is certainly the most troubling to ME yet. Multiple failures of that specific part is beyond the statistical norm by considerable factor.
While it's possible that at some point trucks that have never leaked (and were built far outside the date range that the thread implies is material to the problem) will eventually, having one truck fail multiple times so quickly is CrAzY.

SDtrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT hybrid
I have the same issue as described in this thread although the leak is less in tow mode, much heavier leak while driving in eco mode. 3200 miles on the truck with a 1/2022 build date. Dropped it off at local dealer who advised
Sponsored