First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2008 F150
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
Got a call from my dealer today (Alberta, Canada) and she received a bulletin from Ford Canada stating that there is a shortage of both Powerboost engines (electric motors, I presume) and ProPower components.

She called to tell me that she didn't think my truck would be built at all (I ordered in June)

I was disappointed but ended up finding one very similar and close by.

I am now a proud owner (waiting for it to arrive) of a 2022 Powerboost xlt 302a in Carbonized Grey.

It doesn't have the Max Tow, 360° cameras and the Atlas Blue two tone that I wanted but it does have the 7.2 kw propower (which was a necessity) and it comes with the moonroof and tailgate step (which I didn't order but will live with).

I guess this post is a heads up to anyone waiting on a Powerboost in Canada, maybe give your dealer a call if haven't received any word on your order.

Good luck everyone!
Sponsored

acruxksa

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost XLT
Congratulations,

Guessing your truck will look very similar to mine, although I went with the sport package to get rid of the chrome. I ordered mine Apr. 15th and it was delivered July 12th. Same 302A package, 6.5ft bed and 7.2kw generator and no 360 camera (this option apparently would have caused a major delay in building my truck so the dealership talked me out of it and the spray in factory bedliner at the time of order)
Ford F-150 Powerboost and ProPower shortage PXL_20220802_192007385

Gluvva10

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tbd
Got a call from my dealer today (Alberta, Canada) and she received a bulletin from Ford Canada stating that there is a shortage of both Powerboost engines (electric motors, I presume) and ProPower components.

She called to tell me that she didn't think my truck would be built at all (I ordered in June)

I am now a proud owner (waiting for it to arrive) of a 2022 Powerboost xlt 302a in Carbonized Grey.

It doesn't have the Max Tow, 360° cameras and the Atlas Blue two tone that I wanted but it does have the 7.2 kw propower (which was a necessity) and it comes with the moonroof and tailgate step (which I didn't order but will live with).

I guess this post is a heads up to anyone waiting on a Powerboost in Canada, maybe give your dealer a call if haven't received any word on your order.

Good luck everyone!
I am from Alberta as well. Which dealer did you end up going with? Also may I ask how much you paid for the truck. I am in a process as well in finalizing a truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
First I've heard of ProPower shortage. May as well be classified as a Hybrid or Powerboost shortage, if it's true.

That'd truly be a shame. The Powerboost has been a shot in the arm for Ford when they needed it. (my opinion)
It's an exclusive option that is so desirable that folks are willing to suffer the other constraints and aggravation to acquire it.

Again, just my viewpoint

OP
OP
Tharnett78

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
That's what I was told. I made a deal on a unit I had turned down a few days ago.

She read me the bulletin that she had received from Ford.

Acru,

I couldn't get rid of the chrome as I need a 6 seater and had to settle for chrome.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tharnett78

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
I am from Alberta as well. Which dealer did you end up going with? Also may I ask how much you paid for the truck. I am in a process as well in finalizing a truck.
I was notified by a salesman at Maklin in Calgary but made the deal with Freedom Ford in Edmonton.

MSRP was $72,995 and it looks like it'll end up being closer to 86k with add ons, warranty and a maintenance package.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP

Good luck everyone!
If you ordered in June for a 2022 it was going to be a long shot (if any shot) of getting it built. Ford closed the order banks (at least in the US) in mid May. A dealer may have placed some orders earlier and you might essentially be taking one of those orders, but that would risk getting canceled IMO if you made any changes to that order.

You did good to find one on a lot that is somewhat close to what you want. Especially if it has all the "must haves" you needed or wanted. Good luck with the truck!

OP
OP
Tharnett78

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
If you ordered in June for a 2022 it was going to be a long shot (if any shot) of getting it built. Ford closed the order banks (at least in the US) in mid May. A dealer may have placed some orders earlier and you might essentially be taking one of those orders, but that would risk getting canceled IMO if you made any changes to that order.

You did good to find one on a lot that is somewhat close to what you want. Especially if it has all the "must haves" you needed or wanted. Good luck with the truck!
Thanks Kodiak!

The Canadian order banks were open later, apparently and I believe this unit was ordered after mine. It may have to do with the wait for the spray in liner and wheel well liners but either way,as they say, 'one in the hand is worth more than two in the bush'

It may not be the 'unicorn' that I ordered but it'll still be a mighty steed!

Attachments

GagnonM

First Name
MarieChristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2014
Occupation
Senior Project Manager
I have seen a part of this communication on another forum yesterday. They seems to balance out MY2022. Many options are constrained. I have 2 of them (Powerboost and 2kw).

Didn’t receive any news in the last days from my dealer that told me almost 2 weeks ago that I was on his shortlist for scheduling (finally). last Friday Ford Pass chat told me that I was unscheduled/clean and yesterday after having seen this memo I have contacted Ford Canada Chat and they only told me that My truck is in order processing and to contact my dealer that have more information. I wasn’t able to have more information from them according to the cleanup scheduling, they put already written sentences about chip shortage.

I try to stay positive but no knowing if they will price protect the ones that will be converted to MY2023 and that my ball will be thrown again in the bingo cage as the others orders don’t give my confidence that I will receive my truck before February (1 year later than my order date).

OP
OP
Tharnett78

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
I didn't want to take the chance that it would pushed into a 2023 and was concerned about the 5% increase in price too. They had honored the price match in the past, according to other forum posts, but why roll the dice.

I had almost purchased a different unit last month but didn't because it had a short box. This unit is close enough for me and eliminates the wait completely, I'm not overly patient.

Call around to some dealers and search the net for something on a lot, they pop up from time to time as dealers get their inventory or people back out of factory order builds.

Good luck dude!

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Thanks Kodiak!

HA! And as the saying goes "A steed in the stable is worth 2 stallions in the bush!"

Gluvva10

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tbd
Thanks Kodiak!

The Canadian order banks were open later, apparently and I believe this unit was ordered after mine. It may have to do with the wait for the spray in liner and wheel well liners but either way,as they say, 'one in the hand is worth more than two in the bush'

LOLLLL i was trying to make a deal on this one but i saw that it was a long bed so I let it go! I am glad someone snagged it!! I also ended up making a deal in Edmonton as well. I tried dealing with maclin ford but they were trying to charge me 5k over msrp and as soon as I told them i found one in edmonton they lowered their price and it was too late.

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I tried to do a build of my 21 Lariat PB 502A. But I did not even see the hybrid as an option. Am I missing something, or has the PB been taken off the order configuration site? Btw, I put what I could to match mine, but with the 3.5 eco and passed my cost by a couple of G-notes, and that’s without the PB option. It looks like my year old truck that was about $70k is now upwards of 75 +! I got x plan pricing so I did not pay MSRP, plus I got what I paid for my 2020 Lariat SC. Heck I wasn’t even in the market for a new truck at the time, but I could not pass up the opportunity. I’m so glad I pulled the trigger then because I would not now with the increases in cost and decreases in features.

OP
OP
Tharnett78

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
LOLLLL i was trying to make a deal on this one but i saw that it was a long bed so I let it go! I am glad someone snagged it!! I also ended up making a deal in Edmonton as well. I tried dealing with maclin ford but they were trying to charge me 5k over msrp and as soon as I told them i found one in edmonton they lowered their price and it was too late.
What did you end up getting and where?

Gluvva10

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tbd
What did you end up getting and where?
I ended up purchasing a truck at DK ford at leduc. They were able to discount the truck from msrp throw in spray in bed liner and did the paint protection for me.This is pretty much the build that I wanted(really did not want moon roof at all).
Sponsored

Attachments