First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5L V-6 Power Boost Technology Package
Occupation
retired
I use my F-150 Hybrid with a "technology package" to run my air conditioner and charge my three lithium batteries at the same time. generator output automatically adjusts to meet demand. And the gas engine goes off and on to charge Hybrids 28V lithium. I plug in a "generator" plug pigtail into the 240V 30A outlet in the bed and connect a 120V 30A RV male plug on my RV cord. It's all magic and Ford downloaded an update to the generator 10 days ago. Here's a good link to read to learn more How the 2021 Ford F-150's Onboard Generator Works (roadandtrack.com)
Sponsored

Munro75

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost
Hey guys,

As far as converting the 2.4kw to the 7.2kw.......

And aside from how its done and the differences.

Does anyone know if its something that Ford will do?

Thanks in advance

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Hey guys,

As far as converting the 2.4kw to the 7.2kw.......

And aside from how its done and the differences.

Does anyone know if its something that Ford will do?

Thanks in advance
I asked after I took delivery and was told "No, it is only assembled as ordered; there is no OEM upgrade from Ford."

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I ordered a Lariat PB with standard 2.4KW in it. Now wish I did 7.2 but have no interest in changing order and going to back of line - it's not THAT big of a deal.

That being said - I would assume that most of the infrastructural wiring Ford does on both is the same (to save line costs), so I'm wondering if anyone knows if down the line, Ford will be able to install upgrades to take me from 2.4 to 7.2?
My 7.2 doesnt work . If any rain or for days after a wash . I should have never bought this hybrid . Should have listened to those telling me not too . I would get a different truck and portable generator for power . NO offense but too many errors on these hybrids

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
My 7.2 doesnt work . If any rain or for days after a wash . I should have never bought this hybrid . Should have listened to those telling me not too . I would get a different truck and portable generator for power . NO offense but too many errors on these hybrids
Too many errors on THAT hybrid maybe. Not on THESE hybrids.

Make your dealer fix it.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
2 attempts so far .3rd attempt jan 26

Does your state have Lemon Laws? If so, and Ford is unable to fix the PPoB you may need to head down that path.

-Eric

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does your state have Lemon Laws? If so, and Ford is unable to fix the PPoB you may need to head down that path.

-Eric
It does and im on it . Have documented everything and discussed with Attorney along the way . My field tests are good .truck stays dry.. generator setting rarely fails and resets . Truck is washed or rain or moisture .. groundfault and wont reset until dry or interesting finding .bitter cold like 0 to 10 degrees F may freeze moisture wherever it is and i can reset the system but cannot reset otherwise .
As ive said Ford says software. No software gets wet . I wish Ford would let me discuss my findings directly with an engineer.

Sponsored

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
It does and im on it . Have documented everything and discussed with Attorney along the way . My field tests are good .truck stays dry.. generator setting rarely fails and resets . Truck is washed or rain or moisture .. groundfault and wont reset until dry or interesting finding .bitter cold like 0 to 10 degrees F may freeze moisture wherever it is and i can reset the system but cannot reset otherwise .
As ive said Ford says software. No software gets wet . I wish Ford would let me discuss my findings directly with an engineer.
Sounds like one of the connectors allows water intrusion. I had a similar problem with the ABS on my MY08, unplugged and cleaned and everything has worked flawless since; I was also planning on adding dielectric gel but end up not needing it.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds like one of the connectors allows water intrusion. I had a similar problem with the ABS on my MY08, unplugged and cleaned and everything has worked flawless since; I was also planning on adding dielectric gel but end up not needing it.
I have an appt soon to let dealer figure this out. I am tagging each connection point for dealer to look at . First 2 times i asked them to do this they just read codes (none) and reset apim (no help) . Since then ive figured out this moisture issue . Im not touching anything myself as i may have to take legal action against Ford if they cant fix it or updates dont work .

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
The ProPower system should be able to take some water on it. Heck, it’s in a truck bed and not everyone has a cover on the bed.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Hey, I understand your pain. I really hope Ford gets their act together and fixes your PPoB.

Because if they do, you - as many, many of us are - will be in love with your truck!

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey, I understand your pain. I really hope Ford gets their act together and fixes your PPoB.

Because if they do, you - as many, many of us are - will be in love with your truck!
As april came around the pro power stopped faults. My ford dealer said no update and no notice of an uodate . I am confident ford fixed it without notification to avoid potential for class action . At this point im keeping my truck . I prefer honesty though
Sponsored