Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ty

@Snakebitten I meant it'll be easy when I get back. 🤣🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣

So you noticed the frown.

I am living vicariously through your vacation. I haven't had one in forever. My sad face was you interrupting my vacation that you are supposed to be on.
Sponsored

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
I’m not seeing open floodgates or any of these for my XLT MY23 since 23-PU1113-UNX-DC on the 16th. Kind of wondering if most of these don’t apply to MY23 and/or 302A?

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
I just got it last night and it has messed with my volume. I used to cruise around at 6 and turned it up to 8 for more sound. If I wanted to get loud, 10 and above did the trick.
Now, depending on the source, I need to crank it up double. The worst is XM radio followed by CarPlay, the lastly AM/FM which retained most volume but is still quieter than before.
I never even heard any unexpected background noise in the past but now I will since more road noise will overwhelm the B&O! 😠
IMG_1249.jpeg
Concur. Mine got quieter also

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Ya'll over here getting all kinds up OTA's, I'm back in purgatory as I just got my third scheduled notification reminder that 23-PU1113-UNX-DC will install, even though it installed already a few weeks ago... 🙃
I am there with you.... got 2 OTA's 7 days apart and now zip...

t5brick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Quality Manager
I’m not seeing open floodgates or any of these for my XLT MY23 since 23-PU1113-UNX-DC on the 16th. Kind of wondering if most of these don’t apply to MY23 and/or 302A?
Yeah I picked up my ‘23 XLT 302a in early February and received 2 or 3 OTA updates in the first week or so. I haven’t gotten any since then.

This is the last one I saw:
Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) IMG_1131

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Concur. Mine got quieter also
I drove the truck to work this morning and did some fiddling. On XM I have the volume at 16 to hear it well over the cabin noise. Any lower and it becomes background noise itself. Not that I ever need to, but I cranked it to Maximum and it was no where near what is used to be.
AM/FM was a little better with the sound level at 10-12. As I said before, I was almost always on about 6 or so to hear anything above cabin noise. 8 was loud enough to where if I had passengers I'd have to turn it down to have a normal conversation.
I REALLY hope this gets some attention. Is there a way to back out an OTA??

Rshmm

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
My truck (21 XLT) installed 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD this evening as well. I did have a strange audio issue a week or two ago where the bass level was audibly through the roof on radio stations and had to turn off the entire radio since it sounded like the speakers had blown. It corrected itself on the next start of the truck... and sounded normal so who knows if this will stop that issue from ever happening again.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
My 6.5.0 finally updated last night! And I immediately got 23-PU0110-RAD-PS on deck to be installed. I even delayed my commute this morning to attempt an install of that one, and it was successful as well!

As a side note, it appears if you use the Forscan alteration to kill the soft DTC for air dam removal (7E0-162-02), ie: tricking your truck into thinking that it's either a Tremor/Raptor/Snow plow prep truck when it isn't, appears to kill the OTA update installs.

I made this change about a week after my previously last successful OTA update. About 2 weeks later (I figured long enough for my truck to beam back my change to the mother ship) it downloaded 6.5.0, however it would not install saying that the process was being interrupted, or that one of the conditions weren't being met. After pulling my hair out for a week trying all sorts of different things, battery on charger, auto headlights off, etc, I reset that line back to original and tried to force the update - no dice. After resetting the auto update time back to Anyday 01:00, I let it sit overnight and this morning, viola! Installed successfully with another on deck.

I'm not 100% positive that this is what caused my week long struggle, but I've decided to just live with the soft DTC after that since this seems to be working now. I assume the GWM was registering it as a software mismatch and not allowing it to install. Just a heads up to anyone else who has made this change and is finding it impossible to install updates now.
Sponsored