First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Great to hear it installed! There is hope for me yet.
If 4.2.2 doesn't install by Memorial day. Guess, it'll be another $50.00 payable to @Ford Motor Company
I would be in zero rush to install any of these. I was actually hoping I wouldn't get any of them.
Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I would be in zero rush to install any of these. I was actually hoping I wouldn't get any of them.
Exactly why I am keeping my gas tank below 1/4 tank, I’m keeping my lights on, not locking my truck, and not using my parking break. I’m also doing my best to limit my spins, headstands, and one legged hops.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Exactly why I am keeping my gas tank below 1/4 tank, I’m keeping my lights on, not locking my truck, and not using my parking break. I’m also doing my best to limit my spins, headstands, and one legged hops.
Right!! For the first time I think I don’t want an update.
I’m happy with 3.5.4.
Should I turn off automatic updates ?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Right!! For the first time I think I don’t want an update.
I’m happy with 3.5.4.
Should I turn off automatic updates ?
Turning off automatic updates will not stop the truck from updating. It will still download and install updates that don't require downtime. Turning off simply turns off the scheduled install time.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
How do you get access to this site to check OTA?
Rugdraw has dealer level access to Ford's professional technician system. You can purchase a 72 hour access for $21.00 and it includes access to connected vehicle information as well as all tsb's manuals and wiring diagrams. Plus a bunch of other good information. As many vin numbers as you want.

Ford F-150 Power-Up 4.2.2 Software with CarPlay Update! Screenshot_20230427_214442_Chrome

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Rugdraw has dealer level access to Ford's professional technician system. You can purchase a 72 hour access for $21.00 and it includes access to connected vehicle information as well as all tsb's manuals and wiring diagrams. Plus a bunch of other good information. As many vin numbers as you want.

Screenshot_20230427_214442_Chrome.jpg
Thank you!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Yesterday, I was getting the audio skipping everyone was taking about on my drive too and from work. It appeared to be an issue with sync sending the audio out as I watched the Pandora screen in AA. I got 4.2.2 and there was no skipping at all on my way in to work this morning, which was very nice.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yesterday, I was getting the audio skipping everyone was taking about on my drive too and from work. It appeared to be an issue with sync sending the audio out as I watched the Pandora screen in AA. I got 4.2.2 and there was no skipping at all on my way in to work this morning, which was very nice.
4.2.2 seems to have made certain things better for me, too. Notifications don't cut the music off for so long now. I haven't driven it enough to see if the skipping went away, and I didn't get any phone calls to see if it forced my phone to disconnect after the call, so I need to drive it more.

Also, coincidentally, I got an update for Android Auto yesterday, too. Hard to tell if that is part of the reason for the improvement or if I need to attribute it to 4.2.2.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Great to hear it installed! There is hope for me yet.
If 4.2.2 doesn't install by Memorial day. Guess, it'll be another $50.00 payable to @Ford Motor Company
@Big Dog Daddy ..it will work and install... I just got 4.2.3 yesterday.. these OTA's are coming fast now. You have a full tank of gas, you drove 3 times in a circle. All is good...;););)

Glad to hear your getting some OTA love from Ford.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Disregard....4.2.2 did install after I parked my truck from the drive home from work.
did the glitchy
It was already glitchy. Now it's worse. Phone calls cause music streaming to go silent after I hang up. Either that, or soon as I hang up AA just disconnects completely. Text notifications silence the music for way too long. It's annoying af.
did the glitchy go away after the update yesterday evening?

i to have had weird pandora, text, phone calls issues for months.
if i started truck prior to turning on Bluetooth on the phone and or wifi on phone, it would only play pandora through the phone vice the app on the sync screen and then never update the actual song playing. it would freeze screen to 1st song, even though another one was playing
and when i tried calling my wife by using the phone button on steering wheel it would give me an error as an invalid number or simply refuse to dial out
if i used on screen buttons it was hit or miss

HOWEVER, if i turn on BT and WIFI and log into pandora prior to UNLOCKING truck. every thing works very well, except pandora app will be there in source and then next start its gone, but truck automatically picks up pandora via phone and continues to play song where it left off when i turned off truck to run into store , etc, does not matter if phone goes with me or sits in truck.

phone takes at least 2 times to press the recent call to wife to get it to dial out, even though the screen shows a call is placed.

out of 10 times i called my wife yesterday within about 20 minutes it would only connect 6 times.
or it would ring ONE time and hang up.
good thing it was not an emergency
this happens if i use the phone key board screen or sync screen, i am thinking its a verizon connectivity thing maybe?

and once yesterday on the 80 plus mile loop , i got the message the system was unable to connect to modem ? this is second such message in a week. BUT nothing stopped working, pandora continued and phone indicated it was talking to truck

i will say , my pandora issue also happened on my S6 as well, and the new phone is a s21 FE.
plus side is all DTCS that i carried for months are magically GONE . these were dtcs that would not clear using forscan, ?????? side obstacle, and all cameras faults even though they worked perfect.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
did the glitchy

did the glitchy go away after the update yesterday evening?
My commute is only two miles to work, so I can't say yet. I can only say that when I get notification now, I noticed it does not cut the music off for so long as it was doing yesterday. In my short drive, I got no glitchy music streaming.

However, my phone did get an Android Auto update yesterday after I drove my truck, too, that claimed "bug fixes" as part of the release notes. If there is a significant improvement for me between yesterday and today, it will be hard to tell if it is due to 4.2.2 or the AA update.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
😳
Has your ICE ever turned off?
It would turn off all the time. And, I have aftermarket subs in my truck which I listen to at full blast, my cooled seats never ever turn off, nor does my a/c ever turns off. I probably use more battery juice than most owners. I have a GOATed battery from factory in my truck, it seems.

I say it would turn off all the time, because the Livernois tune I flashed my truck disables it.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
My commute is only two miles to work, so I can't say yet. I can only say that when I get notification now, I noticed it does not cut the music off for so long as it was doing yesterday. In my short drive, I got no glitchy music streaming.

However, my phone did get an Android Auto update yesterday after I drove my truck, too, that claimed "bug fixes" as part of the release notes. If there is a significant improvement for me between yesterday and today, it will be hard to tell if it is due to 4.2.2 or the AA update.
the android update is FUNNY
this morning about 3 10 or so AM my phone woke me up with the BRIGHT FLASH Of reboot
i guess after grand child texted me she was safe at work, i laid the phone on an angle and it was aimed right at my face. i thought a truck was headed into my window with the brights on
will see toady if phone is still quirky on my 2 hr drive north

2 mile commute.....omg thats a rough journey :eek:
Sponsored