First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Have you heard of Sync 23031 having issues on a ‘21? I’m on my second day with the new software and haven’t seen a problem. I am using CarPlay.
Interesting perspective. Going back on some of the recent threads, I did not see any 2021 owners complaining. I will keep my eyes open as more reports come in.
Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I am on 23031 w/2021 and have the carplay issue. Mine just makes a static sound when hitting the camera hard button or when toggling through some menus. Only have noticed it when audio is playing from carplay. Havent been able to replicate when on SXM of FM.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I am on 23031 w/2021 and have the carplay issue. Mine just makes a static sound when hitting the camera hard button or when toggling through some menus. Only have noticed it when audio is playing from carplay. Havent been able to replicate when on SXM of FM.
I was curious, so I tried to replicate this. Connected to CarPlay, started Pandora in the background, toggled the camera hard button a few times, cycled through some camera views, toggled through a bunch of menus within Sync. No issues.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@JEB not sure if it matters but i only use apple music. I doesnt happen every time but i can get it to make the sound a few times within a 10 minute drive.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
@JEB not sure if it matters but i only use apple music. I doesnt happen every time but i can get it to make the sound a few times within a 10 minute drive.
Could be the source. I don’t use Apple Music but I’ll see if I can test it. Other possibility is that I have an old iPhone (8) and it might be playing better with Sync than some of the newer phones.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Received 4.2.2 yesterday on my ‘22. So far none of the glitches that some have mentioned….yet. 🤞🏻

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
It's not a Car Play or Apple music issue. I have the same problem with AA and Tidal. It glitches during driving, performing a task such as turning on the massage seats, or having the camera pull up whether that is from putting the truck in reverse or the forward parking sensors. All random but seems like I can make it happen if it hasn't happened for a little while.

Didn't notice the issue when not using AA, but definitely seems like a Ford software issue.

Ford52Pu

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1952 Ford F1
Occupation
Retired
Got mine overnight, dont see any changes? I do use Carplay so I'll see if there is any noticeable difference.

OP
OP
DrTone

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
CarPlay has been great for me on 4.2.2. Running a 14 Pro Max on 16.4.1. I have hotspot disabled in my truck.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
What improvements are there with this update? I already have full screen wireless CarPlay, Alexa etc. Do I want this as a Job 1?

Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I got the update a couple days ago, now my whole radio screen will freeze on the startup sequence animation screen about 25% of the time I jump in and start it up. It will stay frozen for a minute or two, then reboot itself and be fine.

I don’t use CarPlay ever so not sure of any issues there.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I got 4.2.2 on April 14. I always connect my phone using wireless CarPlay. This thread had me a little worried prior to updating, but I haven't had any issues new with the latest software. Everything's been solid for me.

I have had a lingering Google Maps/Waze issue for about a year now. I'm not sure if it's iOS (cropped up with iOS 16 beta, never went away). I'll try navigating using one of those two apps and on the phone it just says "waiting for GPS". Have to force close the apps a few times and then it finally loads correctly. Apple Maps works as expected right away.

I recall someone saying that CarPlay leverages the vehicle GPS, so not sure where to point the blame. Unsure if it's Ford, CarPlay or iOS but I wish it would get resolved.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
I don't think it is always 1:1 on timing and description, but on the Lightning side we got 4.2.3 yesterday (noted streaming, entertainment options and video streaming - also the SW could be a duplicate from a prior release) and then this afternoon 4.2.4 rolled out "more enhancements" and improvements to the Fordpass Connect Modem.

So don't confuse this yet as these hit the Lightning's, but you should likely start to see them in a few days.