First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I have not seen any Bluecruise maps out there on nav screen anyone have them ??
Sponsored

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat; Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Project Management

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Just wanted to include an FYI if anyone else is having navigation problems. The sync update did not fix it, but a hard factory reset did. You unfortunately need to reset everything and repair your phone and FordPass. It only takes a few minutes though.

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
With all of the option and feature deletes they did on the 22 and 23 trucks, and now being able to get 22/23 software on board. I think the 21's are in a way the ultimate iteration of the gen 14 design! I couldn't be more happy with my 21 now.
I have a 21' as well (lariat) how do I know if it is a "job 1"?

Also, I read a great deal of the thread that you and @Snakebitten recommended to me about the mongoose option, but unfortunately that stuff is WAY over my head. So I'm trying to get the nerve up to ask my dealership for help. One thing that makes me hopeful is that due to having to escalate a couple of issues (active air dam, and battery /deep sleep mode) I have developed somewhat of a relationship with the service manager. When he gets involved, things eventually get resolved. So I'm collecting as much info as I can to put him on the right track to get my truck to start getting updates. Where my sync screen says "21146" is that where you are seeing 4.2.1 now?

Ford F-150 Power-Up 4.2.1. OTA software update installed today 20230220_185542

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue

Also, I read a great deal of the thread that you and @Snakebitten recommended to me about the mongoose option, but unfortunately that stuff is WAY over my head. So I'm trying to get the nerve up to ask my dealership for help. One thing that makes me hopeful is that due to having to escalate a couple of issues (active air dam, and battery /deep sleep mode) I have developed somewhat of a relationship with the service manager. When he gets involved, things eventually get resolved. So I'm collecting as much info as I can to put him on the right track to get my truck to start getting updates. Where my sync screen says "21146" is that where you are seeing 4.2.1 now?

20230220_185542.jpg
Take a look in the driver's door jam There is a sticker showing the build date of you truck, if it is before July 7th of 2021 you're a Job 1 truck / Job 2's came after July 7th. Just judging by your vin it appears to be a Job 1 out of Dearborn.

ZDadofThree

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150

20230220_185542.jpg
I have a job1 as well. Took to dealer back in September and was told it was up to date. Went back for service again this week and they now have the resources support to see what OTA's aren't happening. It didn't get fixed this week, but at least now they know there is an issue and working towards a fix.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

No, it is really hard to tell which Power Up version you are on based on the Sync revision number. If you are on Sync 22146, you are quite a few updates away from 4.2.1 which is a very recent one. The last recorded OTA on your truck was October of last year, but because it was over 60 days ago, the details are no longer recorded in PTS for me to see what it was. Your truck is job 1 truck, but it is past the hump where there trucks can get stuck in OTA limbo.

MikeinYYZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Just wanted to include an FYI if anyone else is having navigation problems. The sync update did not fix it, but a hard factory reset did. You unfortunately need to reset everything and repair your phone and FordPass. It only takes a few minutes though.
Can you elaborate on the issues that were fixed?
for me it’s the navigation showing in miles no matter when I make it kilometres

Sponsored

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
..4.2.2.1 was downloaded at lunch today. Second update in less than 10 days. Cool that I am now prepared for future, more complex updates 😨

Ford F-150 Power-Up 4.2.1. OTA software update installed today 1680306943397

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I got 4.2.1 on my ‘22 today. Nothing special or different.

However after seeing the update, going for a short drive and parking for a while, after I started it up and drove again I noticed my turn signal audible clicks weren’t working. :cautious: Exterior turn signals were flashing fine, as well as the cluster indicator, just no audible click clack.

Was Like that all the way home. Parked. Checked it again an hour later, worked fine. Click clacks were back. Weird.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
this is just for 2023 models correct???
4.2.1 is for MY22 also. I received the 4.2.1 yesterday.

4 days or so ago, I got a message on Ford Pass that my truck had gone into Deep Sleep because it hadn't been driven for about 4 weeks. Yesterday, I started the truck. It ran for about 8 minutes, charged the batteries and then shut itself off.

I then changed out a thermostat in my travel trailer. When I finished, I checked Ford Pass again. FP then informed me that 4.2.1 had successfully down loaded.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Had this same issue.
My Navigation not only was showing miles instead of kms but no live traffic update.

I noticed my Fordpass wasn't connected either so I activated it and boom, everything back to normal. No hard reset needed.

MikeinYYZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Not sure what you mean by FordPass not being connected. Not sure how that would even change miles back to kilometres either.
i did a hard reset the other day and nothing.
Sponsored