First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
The Sync 4A email seems maybe to be a complete screw up from Ford (surprised). Not only does 4A not exist in the ICE trucks some Lightning owners with 4A got the email, but it wasn't consistent like it has been in the past. I think the marketing team must have had a party of sorts and someone screwed up the SQL to pull the distribution for that email. Seems to be a screw up across the board even for us Lightning owners.
Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Got tired of waiting on Ford so bit the bullet and got the Mongoose downloading APIM at 4gb/5gb being loaded on thumb drive I was stuck on 3.52 right before ACP full screen
My Job 1 platty and part of EAP since Aug 2021 have BC
Here we go 2 hours later
I am early access as well and got stuck on 3.5.2 since September until I had the dealer take it to 3.5.3 this week.

jb_008

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150 Supercab with 8ft box
Occupation
ISP
I am early access as well and got stuck on 3.5.2 since September until I had the dealer take it to 3.5.3 this week.
I assume they charged you to upgrade it, or did they do it under warranty? I have been stuck on 3.5.2 as well so I have been debating getting a mongoose...

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I assume they charged you to upgrade it, or did they do it under warranty? I have been stuck on 3.5.2 as well so I have been debating getting a mongoose...
Free. There is a TSB I believe.

Rshmm

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
Free. There is a TSB I believe.
Have the TSB handy? Same boat, stuck on 3.5.2 since Sept. Got an appointment coming up in a few weeks for an oil change and to look at the battery that continually puts the truck into deep mode hours after driving.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
not sure if its related to the latest update
but now on nav screen when i routed to a destination, if you select weather map radar. now it starts on the zoom screen that is i guess about 30 or miles radius, last time the weather radar map showed entire country of radar, then you had to tab down to get close in

and yes the 4 a email was confusing
but on my ford owner site, in the OM part it will load the lighting more often than not when the pdf of the manual loads

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
"Owner of Lonely Heart"!!!!!
My SiriusXM has been looping, Yes', "Owner of a Lonely Heart" for the last two days.
My wife goes, "Can you please play something else???"
I'm like it's not my thumb drive, it's Sirius!!!!
I change a channel, come back to the original channel and it starts all over.
:)
At least it's a good song...

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
Have the TSB handy? Same boat, stuck on 3.5.2 since Sept. Got an appointment coming up in a few weeks for an oil change and to look at the battery that continually puts the truck into deep mode hours after driving.
I'm stuck on same version as you since Sept, and I had the deep sleep issue too. Dealer ended up having to replace my battery under warranty a couple months ago. Was wondering if that was holding back my updates but still nothing. Let us know if you have any progress through the dealer on the firmware.

MikeinYYZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Today I went from 3.5.4 to 4.2.1 and don’t see anything new other than the same bug I’ve had for a month: my navigation keeps changing from kilometres to miles. The only fox to change back to kilometres on my navigation screen is to change L/100Km to Miles/gallon and back again.
Anyone have this issue?

Brandtley

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT
They may not have configured it. Does the Ford boot logo fill the whole screen?

That or they may not have connected the gps antenna

Would have to look and see if you want DTC
Check the antenna cable that is to the left of the glove box door. You will have to drop the door completely and it is an Orange cable. Mine fell out when I was hooking up my cup holder ambient lights. It seems like a lot of cable connections are not snapped in good on these trucks.

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I had very mixed emotions when I finally broke mine free with a mongoose. It was very rewarding to get everything working, but also very frustrating that I had to go through the journey in the first place. Congrats on finally getting the truck you paid for!
You are not kidding on getting the truck I paid for what a difference the updates made!! o_O

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You are not kidding on getting the truck I paid for what a difference the updates made!! o_O
I've watched this ownership transition so many times now.
My favorite thing about it is that these are such amazing trucks, but because of the shortcomings of the OTA promises, there were thousands of new owners, especially 2021 owners, that missed out on a sizable portion of the new truck honeymoon.

And many went through sheer torment while being disappointed over and over with the dealership service department.

So although it might have been delayed, you can now enjoy the truck and look at it as though it's a 2022! And in some cases, more truck than a 2022/2023, depending on constraints.

Anyways, congrats. :)

Last edited:

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
With all of the option and feature deletes they did on the 22 and 23 trucks, and now being able to get 22/23 software on board. I think the 21's are in a way the ultimate iteration of the gen 14 design! I couldn't be more happy with my 21 now.

jb_008

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150 Supercab with 8ft box
Occupation
ISP
With all of the option and feature deletes they did on the 22 and 23 trucks, and now being able to get 22/23 software on board. I think the 21's are in a way the ultimate iteration of the gen 14 design! I couldn't be more happy with my 21 now.
I agree, I was in that boat actually, I ordered in Aug 21, in Sept they called me to say the truck was going to be bumped back to a 22. Then in Oct my work truck broke down so I checked in to see if there was any change in status and well they were like it got bumped back up to a 21, and got scheduled in Nov near the end of the production run. Once I got it in Dec, I started hearing all the stuff people were loosing on the 22's that where not told about, several options of which I had on my truck so I was pretty happy I got a 21 with everything I ordered.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Up until this past week I was feeling the same way about my 21… Up until the 21s stopped getting the latest updates that the 22/23 trucks are getting
Sponsored