Sponsored

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
It seems like your truck was stuck in OTA limbo. A trip to a dealership in December of last year got you unstuck as they performed a successful APIM and TCU update. However, after they updated your APIM, I am guessing another update popped up for the APIM, but they were not successful in updating it the second time. I also see your APIM was reset 3 weeks ago, so hopefully that allows for some updates to start coming your way.
@rugedraw, THANK YOU for the information, and I hope you are right. 🤞🙏. I'll give it awhile before I start diving into the remedy that snakebitten and big dog daddy were teaching me about.
Sponsored

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
Nope, it says 21146 😧
Since my dealer doesn't know how to get it updated, do you have any suggestions? 🙏
So my truck didn't get any updates for the first year and a half that I owned it, and it appears to have been due to an APIM issue. Even though everything appeared to work fine, there was a DTC code that wouldn't clear on the APIM that I was able to see with FORscan. Once I pointed this out to my dealer and said I hadn't ever received any updates, the finally fixed it and applied all of the updates.

I don't know if your situation is similar or not, but the dealer can do it if they want. In my case it basically took me calling them out for ignoring an issue even though I had been asking about it prior.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't know if your situation is similar or not, but the dealer can do it if they want. In my case it basically took me calling them out for ignoring an issue even though I had been asking about it prior.
Indeed!

Scof

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor
Afternoon...my 23 Raptor just had the 4.2.1 OTA. I did check my sync and its still at SYNC Version4.0.22230 will this ever update OTA or do I have to take to dealer?

Thanks!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Afternoon...my 23 Raptor just had the 4.2.1 OTA. I did check my sync and its still at SYNC Version4.0.22230 will this ever update OTA or do I have to take to dealer?

Thanks!
Only an APIM update would have the chance of updating your Sync version and this is a GWM update. This is the absolute latest OTA going around. Maybe someone with more knowledgeable can correct me if I am wrong, but you have a 2023 so I don't think you're Sync is going to update to 22293. Sync 22230 is only 63 days older than 22293 and your truck should have full screen capability already from factory. I think 22230 may already be the latest Sync version for your truck. Post you VIN on the VIN Lookup thread that is stickied here to see if someone can pull your FDRS updates to see if you have an APIM update pending.

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Good news! Someone on F150forum reported getting this update today and he's not in the early access program. We should start seeing this roll out to more people sooner than later.
Just got it today as well. No early access program. My22, Job 1. After a year of no updates, this is my 4th OTA in 1 month. They are coming fast and furious now. Hope there's some noticeable improvements/new features on the way.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
For whatever reason they have left 21 out of this update for bow

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Got it today on my Job 1 2022 while parked at work. Haven't noticed any changes.

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
Received the update yesterday. Hope this addressed the connectivity issue effectively disconnecting Fordpass from your truck. In the first six weeks Fordpass has been offline twice. Support was surprisingly transparent about it. Stated it was a known issue impacting 2023 models, said a Power up update later this month would address it. I read this is primarily a gateway patch/update...makes sense gateways in IT bridge various network types and protocols. We will see.

No drivability issues to gripe about in my first 1414 miles 👍

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Did you find a way to load it onto your truck?
Oh yeah. I could have already if I wanted.

Im waiting for them to officially release. There is a big change in As Build with the update.