Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Different files for 23. Ill install them tomorrow take a look
23MY has different hardware?

4.2.1 was released to the Lighting and Mach E last month according to the wiki, but the wording on their update reads:

GWM[12]
Mustang Mach-E4.2.1February 2023Not available
  • This particular update will set you up for all future ones to come. Think of it as the update that opens the door for all the others to enter through.

Funny how they worded it differently for the F150.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
23MY has different hardware?

4.2.1 was released to the Lighting and Mach E last month according to the wiki, but the wording on their update reads:

GWM[12]
Mustang Mach-E4.2.1February 2023Not available
  • This particular update will set you up for all future ones to come. Think of it as the update that opens the door for all the others to enter through.

Funny how they worded it differently for the F150.
Yes23 F150 has a new gateway. I have one

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Of course you do. I'm not even surprised. 🫡
I dont have it in my truck.. I do have one though.. I use it for testing purposes ..

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yet. You don't have one in your truck yet. Something tells me you will soon. Lol

Edit: Well, I guess it doesn't really matter if they have files being pushed out for both.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
🤬me looking for my angry eyes…

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
If you are a peasant what are those like me called who haven't recieved an update in two years of ownership?
Like you, I to got screwed by Ford with one of there early 21 "covid" trucks, and it's a dam shame because other than the software it's a great truck! You're dealer will never be able to make it right for you no matter how much yelling and bitching you do, they wont fix it. I got over it, and moved forward, I took things into my own hands and with the help of all the great people on this forum, like @rugedraw . I updated my truck myself last spring. Since then I've received every OTA update Ford has sent. If you're up to a challenge, and have $800.00 and a laptop you're truck could be the best truck you ever owned in about 10 hours.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw Are you going to update the wiki page for us? The dam MachE guys always seem to get there first, and make us poor F-150 owners take the back seat. 😂 😉 😉
I intend to, yes. I plan to update it with all the 22-PU10xx updates, too. Power Up and Priority updates have gotten all mixed into the wiki. It needs a lot of work to get it right.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Like you, I to got screwed by Ford with one of there early 21 "covid" trucks, and it's a dam shame because other than the software it's a great truck! You're dealer will never be able to make it right for you no matter how much yelling and bitching you do, they wont fix it. I got over it, and moved forward, I took things into my own hands and with the help of all the great people on this forum, like @rugedraw . I updated my truck myself last spring. Since then I've received every OTA update Ford has sent. If you're up to a challenge, and have $800.00 and a laptop you're truck could be the best truck you ever owned in about 10 hours.
Can I break it more than it already is by trying to fixing it myself?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Can I break it more than it already is by trying to fixing it myself?
Not really, If you carefully follow the first and second post of the FDRS thread. Read and follow exactly. You really shouldn't have any trouble. I didn't! If you do encounter a problem the people here will help you and I mean almost immediately you'll get fast answers. The software is made for the dealer monkeys to do, and if you're computer savvy you'll have no problem. Plan to devote 8 to 10 hours uninterrupted. Read and follow screens carefully. When your done you'll have a new pride in your truck you never thought you'd have. Plus you'll have a new gained knowledge beyond what you're dealer knows. Good luck! 👍 best wishes. and if you need help please ask

Last edited:

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Not really, If you carefully follow the first and second post of the FDRS thread. Read and follow exactly. You really shouldn't have any trouble. I didn't! If you do encounter a problem the people here will help you and I mean almost immediately you'll get fast answers. The software is made for the dealer monkeys to do, and if you're computer savvy you'll have no problem. Plan to devote 8 to 10 hours uninterrupted. Read and follow screens carefully. When your done you'll have a new pride in your truck you never thought you'd have. Plus you'll have a new gained knowledge beyond what you're dealer knows. Good luck! 👍 best wishes. and if you need help please ask
Again, I'll caution everyone that issues CAN and HAVE happened, with Ford releasing updates that completely render trucks undriveable, damage components to the point that they need replacement, and more. There is VERY REAL RISK of installing these updates.
Sponsored