Are we at risk during the OTA updates?

Ford F-150 Power-up 2.1 87A6425C-8F27-4E3F-8E39-4458984955D6
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Doubt it. The Tesla folks who got locked out didn’t have their transponders with them because they could use their phones in place of the transponder. We can’t. We have to have the transponder to drive the truck and the transponder has a hidden physical laser cut key to open the doors in an emergency.

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 PowerBoost
After the update, what is your SYNC 4 version? Mine lists "21146_PRODUCT", Revision: 145.

For my XM status, tried to remove and reseat a couple fuses for Audio & SYNC but no luck. Dealer hasn't seen this issue and recommended I drop it off for a couple of days. DAYS?!?! ?

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I've had that button in FordPass since I bought the truck 3 weeks ago.
That's because new trucks have significantly newer software than us early adopters

Wsaunders2

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat SCrew FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
IT Director
Got my 2.1 update and now my sync is stuck on 1 FM channel. I can go to Sirius or pandora and advance the stations with the steering wheel controls. On my regular presets it won’t move off the one station. Hope I don’t have to wait until another update or physical service call to correct.

Sponsored

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 PowerBoost
After the update, what is your SYNC 4 version? Mine lists "21146_PRODUCT", Revision: 145.

For my XM status, tried to remove and reseat a couple fuses for Audio & SYNC but no luck. Dealer hasn't seen this issue and recommended I drop it off for a couple of days. DAYS?!?! ?
So for a little creativity, I have XM on another vehicle with the XM app, so just played it via my Android Audio. May keep it this way to save on a 2nd XM vehicle fee. BAM!

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost Lariat 2WD
Troubleshooting as to why I’m not receiving OTA updates - I read my DTC’s with FORscan and noticed a few stored. Nothing major, a couple were related to forward camera signal dropout (momentary) and the others were related to ABS when my truck was repaired a few months ago. Anyways, I cleared all of the module DTC’s to see if it’ll update now on the next retry. Just a hunch but I’m wondering if stored DTC’s cause the updates to not even attempt.

21’ Powerboost Lariat 401A 2WD
Build Date: Early 7/2021

Per FordPass:
Power-Up 1.6 Updated Late 7/2021 after I took delivery.

Downgraded to Power-Up 1.4 after 1.6 Update????? I’ve seen others with this scenario too….. No explanation.

Waiting for Power-Up 1.7.1 or 2.1.0 …..

Connected to WiFi w/ Auto Updates ON and Scheduled Weekly.

@Ford Motor Company - frustration aside, I hope feedback is being elevated to the OTA engineers/program…

Last edited:

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Not sure if this is the right forum… BUT after yesterday’s OTA update, when I remote start from the app, I get a message about “Remote Climate Control” from the settings…. I’ve remote started my truck hundred of times and never seen this, and navigating through settings I also do not see where I can set my climate… does anyone?

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Having trouble getting my phone to connect wirelessly, never had this trouble before the update?

Sponsored

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
My 12" screen keeps shutting down.........I called the help desk a while back, and they had me reboot.........Now it is going out again.....1FTFX1E8XMKD38235.......h e l p

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Good afternoon. Can you send over a private message with your VIN? I can help you look into your connection concern.
After connecting the phone via the USB cord now the phone works via wireless, thanks.

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just to put my two cents in...
After the 2.1 update my sirius XM didn't recognize my profile or subscription. I had to send a refresh signal.

Also, not related, though who knows, my lower left fog light stopped working. I took it right into the dealership just before close, rolled up. Showed him, he stuck he had behidn the flap,wiggled it, it turned on. Said they come loose sometimes...

Then when I asked if I could get rid of the double honk on exit he proceeded to tell me I could do it right from the on-board menu.He couldn't find it and I said it was a Forscan option only. He wasn't aware.
Sponsored