Power-up 2.1

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I’m not doubting you. But I think the APIM is pretty complex and it might not be monolithic. I thought it was structured like a home computer with something akin to a BIOS and a separate flash memory to hold the OS and map data. You can update one without necessarily having to update the other.
This... it isn't a bunch of identical trucks/systems.
Sponsored

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
You're missing the point. You bought a truck that didn't have those features, and they weren't promised. In years past, you didn't get anything that wasn't on the car when you drove it off the lot. It is a bonus to get updates that add features. I am in the same boat, you aren't missing much on the nav or camera. It will get updated in due time. If you really have an issue take it in to the dealer. The hard part is the disparity in the millions of possible configurations that are out there.
Not sure what you mean by "weren't promised". There has been tons of promotional material promising blue cruise to those who paid for hardware in q3.

Reactions: Geo

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I am in a similar situation as you. This update failed a few times OTA so went to dealer, where it failed using USB stick. So, dealer ordered new APIM, which is schedule to be installed Wednesday, since the software at the dealer showed the install failing at the APIM each time.
Went to the dealer couple weeks ago. They tried to upload it direct and it failed twice. They got calls into Ford Engineers and waiting for a reply. Still nothing...

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
Not sure if this is the right forum… BUT after yesterday’s OTA update, when I remote start from the app, I get a message about “Remote Climate Control” from the settings…. I’ve remote started my truck hundred of times and never seen this, and navigating through settings I also do not see where I can set my climate… does anyone?
Perhaps related to this, I have noticed recently (before I received 2.1) that when I remote start, the truck determines outside air temp and then adjusts the climate controls automatically to match. Since buying in the Spring, it has always been hot here in Texas so when remote starting, the system would naturally be set to AC and cooling seats - I assumed it would remote start at whatever setting it was set to last time it was turned off. Recently on a cold morning (after a warm day the day before - so the system was set to AC when last parked), remote start sensed a temp in the 30’s and when I entered the vehicle, the heater/steering wheel heater/heated seats were all on. Now THAT is pretty damn useful.

I will dig into the menus next time and take a pic of where the setting is to remote start with climate controls activated (I think the root of your question). Since there are no release notes, no telling if this has been there this whole time, came with 1.7.1 or this latest release. The bare minimal Carplay integration for cluster navigation is underwhelming at best - my wife‘s older, cheaper Audi has full Google Earth with satellite photography in the cluster - now that is cool! Voice commands are now more conversational, which is huge in terms of safety and future potential. As with all these posts, YMMV.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Perhaps related to this, I have noticed recently (before I received 2.1) that when I remote start, the truck determines outside air temp and then adjusts the climate controls automatically to match. Since buying in the Spring, it has always been hot here in Texas so when remote starting, the system would naturally be set to AC and cooling seats - I assumed it would remote start at whatever setting it was set to last time it was turned off. Recently on a cold morning (after a warm day the day before - so the system was set to AC when last parked), remote start sensed a temp in the 30’s and when I entered the vehicle, the heater/steering wheel heater/heated seats were all on. Now THAT is pretty damn useful.

I will dig into the menus next time and take a pic of where the setting is to remote start with climate controls activated (I think the root of your question). Since there are no release notes, no telling if this has been there this whole time, came with 1.7.1 or this latest release. The bare minimal Carplay integration for cluster navigation is underwhelming at best - my wife‘s older, cheaper Audi has full Google Earth with satellite photography in the cluster - now that is cool! Voice commands are now more conversational, which is huge in terms of safety and future potential. As with all these posts, YMMV.
I noticed the same since purchase . Mine is an XLT so no cooling seats, but definitely turns on butt warmers and adjust temperature outside based on ambient temp.
If this is the case, the App message about adjusting climate remotely is a bit misleading, I took it as you could like select temperature and stuff from the app lol ?

Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I got 2.1.1 today. Says it adds horn & light notification from Fordpass.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer

For a few years now the F150s have had two Auto Start options: 1. Last setting. 2. Auto (which goes by outside temperature to activate A/C or Heat w/heated seats & wheel.

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
For a few years now the F150s have had two Auto Start options: 1. Last setting. 2. Auto (which goes by outside temperature to activate A/C or Heat w/heated seats & wheel.
Since Trigger is my first new truck since 2007, I am like a cave man with a laser pointer! Thanks for the clarification.

Sponsored

merc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
It could be worse . . . I received a notice last week that my Powerboost received an update - to 1.6.0. Then two days later I received an notice that I received another update - to 1.4.0.

I'm headed in the wrong direction. Ha.
Same exact thing just happened to me. I have the 5.0 though.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Got this update last night. No real patch notes for this one, just "minor bug fixes".
I got the 1.7.1 update earlier in the week.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
i noticed that the "Can I Tow This" is gone in the Ford Pass app. Anyone else?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Finally got the update
Sponsored