Sponsored

Power-up 2.1

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
Crazy. I’m also still stuck on 1.4.0 on my 302A and can’t get an update no matter what. I’ve just had a single update since I bought it in June and it was fairly shortly after buying it.
if you look close, these 1.7 and 2.0 appear to be for POWERBOOST owners.
Sponsored

Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Mine is a 3.5 ECO and I got it.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
5.0 V8, and I got it, too.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I think a better explanation for why some units are getting the updates and others are not relates to the hardware revision of the modules originally installed in the truck. The OTA updates are NOT like Microsoft sending OS updates out for Windows or Apple updating the software on an iPad. These OS releases update multiple systems at once. By contrast, the Power Up OTA releases so far have updated only one module at a time. So these Ford releases are probably firmware updates and as such are targeted to specific hardware revisions. For example, 1.7.1 updated the APIM only. If an early production of the truck was using APIM hardware revision 1.X but later trucks used hardware revision 1.X.Y, a Power Up release might relate to one revision of the APIM and not the other. So, not all trucks would get it. This is a theory only but it makes some sense given that the Power Ups appear to be updating only one module at a time.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
But they’re clearly not just firmware updates. They’re changing software level things like adding the turn by turn directions to the center gauge screen and incorrect messaging around which outlet tripped the ProPower.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
But they’re clearly not just firmware updates. They’re changing software level things like adding the turn by turn directions to the center gauge screen and incorrect messaging around which outlet tripped the ProPower.
Fair point but not necessarily true. A firmware glitch could be causing the module to fail to send an appropriate command to the OS. The function at the OS-level was already there and faulty firmware is failing to trigger it.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I’m still waiting for Power-Up 1.7.1 to update for me and here you are with Power-Up 2.1 ….. @Ford Motor Company are you serious right now?!. I understand a metered deployment of OTA production software but now introducing full version number inconsistency and fragmentation without any clear explanation or communication from the manufacturer….. This has got to be addressed! My $800 iPhone can get consistent updates but my $60K vehicle can’t? Come on now…..

Clear Asks!

Fix the OTA Software deployment inconsistency and fragmentation.​
Provide a user portal or method to download vehicle updates and install via other means (USB etc.)​
Provide transparent version info for customer monitoring of their own vehicle and all module software. Audit and update modules on vehicles to current versions more often. The key here is transparency and reasons for deployment metering.​
Thanks,

Literally every current and future @Ford Motor Company customer.
You don’t understand how these work… not all updates are for all trucks. The current hardware and firmware and software matters. This varies by manufacturing date, trim, etc.

If you want to complain about feature releases like blue cruise that is fine, but please don’t complain about something that you have no clue on. No one has ever done this before, rolling out OTA updates for multiple systems across disparate configurations by the hundreds of thousands, all for a VEHICLE which must maintain reliability and safety. This isn’t a Tesla, where they are all the same. The level of difficulty here is insane.

Just be patient and trust the system, you aren’t missing out on anything that you bought (just blue cruise maybe), you should be happy you ever get any updates at all.

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
You don’t understand how these work… not all updates are for all trucks. The current hardware and firmware and software matters. This varies by manufacturing date, trim, etc.

If you want to complain about feature releases like blue cruise that is fine, but please don’t complain about something that you have no clue on. No one has ever done this before, rolling out OTA updates for multiple systems across disparate configurations by the hundreds of thousands, all for a VEHICLE which must maintain reliability and safety. This isn’t a Tesla, where they are all the same. The level of difficulty here is insane.

Just be patient and trust the system, you aren’t missing out on anything that you bought (just blue cruise maybe), you should be happy you ever get any updates at all.
Well, maybe if Ford would just give out some info, folks would not be complaining as much. If there was a web site that listed what update was for what, folks could find out info.

Part in bold: No one should shut up and just take what crap they serve. If Ford can't do the job that they sold everyone on then they should admit it and fix the problem before sending out more trucks. But maybe they don't care about the next 3 or 4 cars a person buys, just want to get today's sales numbers...

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost

I have a 2 month old Platinum with BlueCruise prep package and I am missing out. I do not have many of the features that I see others have already including BlueCruise, turn-by-turn navigation from CarPlay, the ability to use my bed camera while moving, and probably 10 other features or fixes I should have.

I'm thinking it is YOU that does not understand how this should work, as a 2 month old $75k truck with advertised OTA updates should not be missing features.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
I have a 2 month old Platinum with BlueCruise prep package and I am missing out. I do not have many of the features that I see others have already including BlueCruise, turn-by-turn navigation from CarPlay, the ability to use my bed camera while moving, and probably 10 other features or fixes I should have.

I'm thinking it is YOU that does not understand how this should work, as a 2 month old $75k truck with advertised OTA updates should not be missing features.
i agree with you totally but i would go to the ford dealership on every thing you mentioned except bluecruise. I got my platium last january and it has all the above right off lot besides the blue-cruise.
Sponsored