Power-up 2.1

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 PowerBoost
I've had that button in FordPass since I bought the truck 3 weeks ago.
I see the same after an update this week. Unfortunately my XM is now not working. My display lists 'SiriusXM Loading....', all my XM presets now list 'SDAR', stuck on Channel 2, and not able to manually tune channels, UGH! I've refreshed my radio a few times over the past few days but no luck.
Sponsored

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Just got 2.1 this evening. Haven’t driven since Sunday and tonight I started the truck and saw ford sync connected to my WiFi instead of the usual F-150
Ford F-150 Power-up 2.1 EA407E66-C38A-4EBC-9EAE-3A4316AB86CF

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you guys have had any past experience with the FordPass app, you wouldn't be complaining about being a little late on the update train. Ford has a track record of breaking features with every app update. Let somebody else be the guinea pig.
UGH!!! Seems I'm a test case with XM having issues. Hope I don't have to perform a Master Reset but may try it soon. My XM is stuck on Channel 2 and not able to manually tune to 0 for a 'refresh'. It just displays 'SiriusXM Loading...' on my display. Had a online Chat with XM folks, but not able to fix so have to call the 866 line.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just got the 2.1.0 update last night and just got the 1.7.0 update last Monday. Noticed the icons on the Sync 4 have been moved around under the Settings tab and it no longer shows my phone connection in the top left corner but the phone is connected. Will have go looking to see what else has been moved or deleted. There is enough to learn on the Sync 4 without them changing or moving things to be relearned.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I just looked at the Fordpass and I guess I got the 2.1.0 at some point since yesterday. Truck has been in the garage. I've never connected it to Wi-Fi. No plans to ever do that. I haven't moved the truck to see what has changed.

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
I’m still waiting for Power-Up 1.7.1 to update for me and here you are with Power-Up 2.1 ….. @Ford Motor Company are you serious right now?!. I understand a metered deployment of OTA production software but now introducing full version number inconsistency and fragmentation without any clear explanation or communication from the manufacturer….. This has got to be addressed! My $800 iPhone can get consistent updates but my $60K vehicle can’t? Come on now…..

Clear Asks!

Fix the OTA Software deployment inconsistency and fragmentation.​
Provide a user portal or method to download vehicle updates and install via other means (USB etc.)​
Provide transparent version info for customer monitoring of their own vehicle and all module software. Audit and update modules on vehicles to current versions more often. The key here is transparency and reasons for deployment metering.​
Thanks,

Literally every current and future @Ford Motor Company customer.
Dude agreed 100%
It’s brutal!

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
My truck shifts way smoother and the rpm's run up higher between shifts after the update on the 3.0 Powerstroke.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just looked at the Fordpass and I guess I got the 2.1.0 at some point since yesterday. Truck has been in the garage. I've never connected it to Wi-Fi. No plans to ever do that. I haven't moved the truck to see what has changed.
They do the update over the modem if you are not connected to Wifi.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Any chance 1.7.1 or 2.1.0 effected sound output from the base B&O?
I am not sure if it’s placebo

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Crazy. I’m also still stuck on 1.4.0 on my 302A and can’t get an update no matter what. I’ve just had a single update since I bought it in June and it was fairly shortly after buying it.

Last edited:

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UGH!!! Seems I'm a test case with XM having issues. Hope I don't have to perform a Master Reset but may try it soon. My XM is stuck on Channel 2 and not able to manually tune to 0 for a 'refresh'. It just displays 'SiriusXM Loading...' on my display. Had a online Chat with XM folks, but not able to fix so have to call the 866 line.
Well called the FORD 800 number per their SiriusXM 360L site info...tried a module reset with holding Power & right arrow down for 5+ seconds. It reset but no change. Will try a Master reset soon.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I set up 2 profiles in my gateway. Activity is minimal if at all. Took it to the shop and they tried twice to download the latest ota and both failed. They have calls in with Ford to work with their tech and will bring me back in when they have a solution.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I just got the 2.1.0 update last night and just got the 1.7.0 update last Monday. Noticed the icons on the Sync 4 have been moved around under the Settings tab and it no longer shows my phone connection in the top left corner but the phone is connected. Will have go looking to see what else has been moved or deleted. There is enough to learn on the Sync 4 without them changing or moving things to be relearned.
I noticed the same thing. I lost the phone signal strength and battery icons in the upper left corner with 1.7.0. But these phone icons don’t seem to be missing on all screens—only on the navigation screen as far as I can tell. The icons reappear on the audio screen, for example. Hasn’t been restored to the nav screen in 2.1.0, unfortunately.
Sponsored