First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Service manager and I have been trying to resolve this with the engineers. I suspect it will stay ghosted out till its done loading and installing. Otherwise the apim is stuck.
Reason I say about the downloading vs ghosted is I just did my wife's '19 Stang but with that, you use a flash drive to update maps and such. While it was installing, those same screens were ghosted out. All came back once the screen reported all installed, etc...
Sponsored

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
I got 1.7.1 this morning. When I first went to truck the radio stations presets were off. I hit set setting 1 that has my profile saved to it and everything came back. So far no other problems

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I got 2.1.0 today and still can’t view cameras over 5 mph.
So my truck has been at my dealership for two weeks now. There were a few issues, but the biggest one has been the bed camera staying on above 5 mph and showing up as a view option in the 1/3rd portion of the center stack screen. My neighbors 2021 has this, and dealership reports that the new 2021’s on their lot have this option as well. Mine does not. They have updated all the software and it still doesn’t show up. They contacted Ford, who is now recommending that the actual bed camera be replaced on my truck to see if that will make it work. If that doesn’t work, then they will be replacing some other module that controls the bed camera. I figured this would be an easy thing to fix via software, but perhaps it isn’t. Either way, one thing that was pitched as a benefit of the new F150 was this software update system that would keep features current and introduce new functions over time. The fact that trucks built within the same model year might have different features seems to go against everything Ford said about the advantages of these over the air updates. Doesn’t seem like this was too well planned out before it was introduced. At least my dealership acknowledges that my truck should be able to have a bed camera view available while driving. I had to send video of my neighbors truck doing this in order for them to believe me and start to investigate it. We shall see what happens I suppose.

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I finally got the notification in FordPass that 1.7.1 was ready to be downloaded to my truck. Go out to my truck, nothing. Leave it outside where it has both cell and wifi connection overnight. Next day, nothing. No indication that it has updated, but the message is now gone from FordPass and there is no mention of it in the message center.

Also as an added bonus, the option for Automatic Updates has turned itself off, and will not turn back on again. When pressed, it clicks but does nothing. So not only did it not update, it now appears to have broken the option to auto update!

Yay Ford Power-up updates! I have an appointment on the 13th.
I’m having similar problems. Very curious if the dealership can do anything to resolve this.

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Notified today on FordPass that update 1.7.1 installed. Was unaware of update this morning when I last drove the PB. Will see if I observe any changes when on my next drive.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
As far as I know I've never received an OTA update. But when I use Apple Maps the turn directions show up in my digital cluster. If that feature was introduced with 1.7.1 does it mean I got that update?

Later: Wrong about that. The turn arrow and directions only shows up in the factory nav, not using Apple Maps. No 1.7.1 or any other OTA update.

Last edited:

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I’m having similar problems. Very curious if the dealership can do anything to resolve this.
Same problem too. Stuck on older version

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Got this from the ford early access as I asked what was going on because I can’t turn on auto updates anymore etc. same issue a ton of people are having. For the failed or stuck 1.7.1 OTA update. I emailed back and asked if this will be a OTA update. I haven’t heard back yet on that part.

We are working to resolve the issues you have identified. You can go the dealer but the only solution they can offer at the moment would be to replace your module. We are working on a software fix so that your module does not need to be replaced. The software calibration you mentioned is unrelated to the issues you have noted post the software update. Please stay patient with us as we continue to work towards a resolution to this issue. You can look forward to a communication from our team very soon on next steps.

Sponsored

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
My truck updated to 2.1 today. Unfortunately, with that update, my access to certain modules in Forscan have been removed. Like, the IPC module disappeared entirely.
We’re you able to check again and see if you’re able to get into IPC this time around?

BarnoQc

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 2021 Sport trim
stuck at wannabe 1.7.1 but ...... no version as showed .. update not completed

Ford F-150 Power-up 1.7.1 OTA Installed 1

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Like aphqrsemec and GolfR1, I lost the ability to receive auto updates...but here's what's weirder:

May build, June delivery, Sync V 1.4, all is great. In Aug/Sep, an 'Alert' message on Ford Pass says I received an update to 1.7. Checked in the truck: Yup, V 1.7. Then I started reading threads like this one. Checked truck again in Dec and found I had no way to set auto updates. Also, any update sked I saved failed to remain saved.. Checked my Sync version - Settings, General, Sync - and the version number is now absent.

Dealer will do a system update on Monday. Wonder if that will help. My conclusion so far: While Ford has some clear core competencies as a manufacturer, IT systems - both corporate and vehicle - isn't one of them. Ford Pass, on-line experiences and the bugs and OTA issues re: Sync are all easily identified. Fixes however seem elusive.

Reactions: Geo

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I’m at 1.7 now, with missing piece’s. What I’m reading hear scares me to ask for help. I think I’m going back on the side line for awhile. It appears some are ending up with less than they paid for. Will there ever be any “normal” that we can depend on.
Sponsored