Power tailgate.

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat (on order)
I just ordered a 22 Lariat (502A) so I thought I would have the power up option. Guess not. Not sure if it's worth adding it and possibly delaying my order. Seems weird I will have the ability to make the tailgate go down but not up. Wondering if anyone has made it to where they can raise and lower their tailgate without having the option. Kind of a stupid question but I'm sure someone on here has done it lol.
Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Power down is just a remote operated latch and hydraulics to slowly lower the tailgate. Gravity does all the work. Power up requires a motor to overcome the weight of the tailgate. That's more parts and another option. It's an easy thing to miss when ordering the truck.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Need the Bed Utility package (68L) to get power tailgate, tailgate step, and tailgate work surface. Also for ‘22 models - unlike ‘21 models - you don’t get bed lighting or BoxLink unless you add this package.

Power tailgate adds more weight = less payload. So there are pros and cons.

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Our trucks we ordered on 21 are gonna look bare bones lmao. All these little things they took away were supposed to somehow be psychics and add them with no information of pricing?

OP
OP

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Our trucks we ordered on 21 are gonna look bare bones lmao. All these little things they took away were supposed to somehow be psychics and add them with no information of pricing?
I agree. 22 owners really have no way to see what they are actually getting on the build and price tool. Not sure why Ford hasn't updated their website yet. Looking at the 21's on the build and price, we're definitely not getting a few good options than now have to paid for. Kinda wish I had gotten a 21. Over 1K cheaper and more standard options. It is what it is now. Can't wait for my new truck regardless!

Sponsored

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
I agree. 22 owners really have no way to see what they are actually getting on the build and price tool. Not sure why Ford hasn't updated their website yet. Looking at the 21's on the build and price, we're definitely not getting a few good options than now have to paid for. Kinda wish I had gotten a 21. Over 1K cheaper and more standard options. It is what it is now. Can't wait for my new truck regardless!
Like your optimism. Still a nice truck agree, against the competitors

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Agree, still sucks though. If we can at least get the '22 build tool to work we might get a slightly better idea.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Dropped off at USPS today: My complaint letter to Ford Customer Relations about the loss of bed lighting on the 2022 Lariat F-150. Change only occurs when you let them know how you feel.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

OP
OP

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Like your optimism. Still a nice truck agree, against the competitors
I agree. I do like the Sierra's but only with the 10 speed trans and 6.2L. I currently own a Sierra with the 5.3L and 8 speed and I don't like it. It's not a bad truck but it needs more power, and the transmissions is always searching for the right gear when towing. I've always loved the 3.5 Eco Boost and 10 speed in the F 150. Going out on a limb and getting the Powerboost this time around. Hope I don't have issues.
Sponsored