First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat; Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Project Management
Does anyone know why after about 10-15 seconds (not verified) the tailgate becomes unresponsive to the key fob? If I remote start the truck, it works properly. If I open via touch button, it will then open/close with key fob correctly. If I walk away and come back to it, press the open button on the key fob, it flashes the lights twice, as it recognizes the fob command, but will not open or close. Is this normal operation? Do you have to "wake up" the tailgate module?

Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
OP
OP
C. Mays

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Management
Unfortunate, but glad I’m not the only one. I’ve checked the manual, provides nothing of value. Hopefully someone on here has some experience with this.

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
worker bee
I haven't narrowed down any variables for when it works versus when it doesn't, but it is intermittent at best.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Does anyone know why after about 10-15 seconds (not verified) the tailgate becomes unresponsive to the key fob? If I remote start the truck, it works properly. If I open via touch button, it will then open/close with key fob correctly. If I walk away and come back to it, press the open button on the key fob, it flashes the lights twice, as it recognizes the fob command, but will not open or close. Is this normal operation? Do you have to "wake up" the tailgate module?

Anyone else notice this?
Hello! Send us a private message with your F-150's VIN and name & location of dealership. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this power tailgate concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

BisonDude

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat, PB, FX4, 7.2kW
I have the same issue. The button opens the tailgate normally but I get nothing with key fob. Thought it may be pressure on the latch by the tonneau cover but by pulling the cover back is no better.

UPDATE - KEY FOB NOW WORKS PROPERLY.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same issue. The button opens the tailgate normally but I get nothing with key fob. Thought it may be pressure on the latch by the tonneau cover but by pulling the cover back is no better.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
worker bee

UPDATE - KEY FOB NOW WORKS PROPERLY.
Did you determine the cause? What was the fix?

Thanks

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
What I have noticed is working in the workshop near the truck with keyfob in pocket. After a short time it appears to go to sleep and not keep operating the welcome lights as I move around the truck. Have not checked tailgate when in this state but would prefer it not to operate it, in case I accidentally press the tailgate button and it opens the tailgate causing damage if there is a restriction near by.

OP
OP
C. Mays

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Management
Did you determine the cause? What was the fix?

Thanks
Yeah, what was the fix? Never heard anything from Ford… Appreciate it!

Sponsored

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Hope this helps a little. May help those that aren't working or those that don't want the button to work, in case of an accidental open when you don't want it to.