Sponsored

power tailgate goes to sleep?

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
I use the tailgate often each day using the tailgates button or manually closing the gate. Ive notice several times the gate button(on the tailgate) doesnt 'power' open or close. Tried going to the dash button or using the keyfob and it beeps but doesnt work. Not sure what combination works but Ive manually closed the gate, used the Key fob 'unlock' button a few times and then the power gate button works.
Does it go to sleep or go out of sync when manually closing it?
Sponsored

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I use the tailgate often each day using the tailgates button or manually closing the gate. Ive notice several times the gate button(on the tailgate) doesnt 'power' open or close. Tried going to the dash button or using the keyfob and it beeps but doesnt work. Not sure what combination works but Ive manually closed the gate, used the Key fob 'unlock' button a few times and then the power gate button works.
Does it go to sleep or go out of sync when manually closing it?
Ditto, but i do not have power close.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Yes it does seem to go to sleep if left open for more than a few minutes. I've noticed I have to lift it twice to get it to close if it's been open very long and the truck not running.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Yes it does seem to go to sleep if left open for more than a few minutes. I've noticed I have to lift it twice to get it to close if it's been open very long and the truck not running.
Happens on my 21 with the power gate. As mentioned, it seems the longer it’s open the more likely it loses power. I use my tailgate often just as a work surface, so it’s open a long time. Had it never want to power up a few times. Opened and closed one of the truck doors and it powers right up. So, something like sleep mode I guess.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Happens on mine every now and then. Hit the button on the tailgate and nada. Check pocket for FOB. Check. Hit again and it works. Go figure...

Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I use the tailgate button on the fob regularly and the tailgate frequently responds with three beeps on the first double push of the button but always operates on the second attempt. This is true whether opening or closing the tailgate. I don't consider it an issue to be concerned about.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Mine likes to snooze frequently too, usually when i try to open it and a few times while open with the truck unlocked.
Sponsored