Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I’m also rural
One of the reasons I got the 301a is for the keypad.
I currently have a locksmith ( guy that breaks into cars for a price) on my phone list.
I lock the keys in the car quite often
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
I’m also rural
One of the reasons I got the 301a is for the keypad.
I currently have a locksmith ( guy that breaks into cars for a price) on my phone list.
I lock the keys in the car quite often
I almost had to deal with this yesterday. First errand I ran with the new ride , I had thrown my keys in the front storage cubby like I do on occasion when I have to hop out for a sec and and leave it running (in this case to take pictures of the truck for the forum). At my next stop I got out and locked my doors to go in the store using the door keypad. It was at that point I realized my keys were still in my truck. And I had not programmed my personal door code yet. I had that oh crap feeling. :mad:
Then I remembered I had by coincidence stuck the factory keypad code card in my pocket that morning so I could program my code at some point. Crisis averted!! I reprogrammed the door code at my next stop (Sonic Drive-In) while waiting for them to bring me my drinks to the car :ROFLMAO:

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
There is a setting you can change in the screen to change the auto deploy on approach. I also included some screen shots of the different settings for our, auto, etc. may help answer some questions.
7A104414-876A-4328-8F22-786C596B5D09.jpeg

F69B29F2-545C-4D86-A3A6-E8E4FFBCF657.jpeg

65D61F94-CA06-49A9-BF95-265CC9701207.jpeg

70D7E130-15BC-4F19-9696-6AE80B79A8E8.jpeg

15F3DAE9-B626-4B42-9662-D3354DA7E797.jpeg
84FA1FE5-FD78-4A26-9BD4-767BB03B07EF.jpeg
Great post...

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Those are fantastic configuration options! Looks like I'll definitely find a sweet spot for my usage. Thanks for the encouragement!

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
It's not like I put them on the dash to advertise they're in there. I have insurance, and with Fordpass you can locate your truck anytime you want. I also live in a rural area so that might make a difference too but either way I never pull my keys, that's what's so great about the keypad on the door.
You’re not crazy, or else we both are...hmmm

I’ve left my keys in the truck (in the ignition) since ford added the keypad to the superdutys. 99 didn’t have one, my 02 did & every car & truck since has had it, I can’t go without it.
Also live in a rural area, but often park it in large cities, keys in the ignition & doors locked. Never had a problem.

However, my 92 Chevy pickup was stolen from a mall parking lot on my first day of tech school, keys in my pocket.

Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Today I was able to hear the motor sound of the running boards as they retracted/deployed while sitting inside the vehicle, and while not "loud", you can hear them more than I thought you would. In fact, my wife said "what's that?!" in a somewhat surprised voice. When you turn the engine off it gets quiet real quick, and the running boards are the immediate first thing you hear. When standing outside the vehicle and using your foot to deploy/retract them, it's very quiet.

So in other words, not a big deal in my book.

OP
OP

cylon58

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Today I was able to hear the motor sound of the running boards as they retracted/deployed while sitting inside the vehicle, and while not "loud", you can hear them more than I thought you would. In fact, my wife said "what's that?!" in a somewhat surprised voice. When you turn the engine off it gets quiet real quick, and the running boards are the immediate first thing you hear. When standing outside the vehicle and using your foot to deploy/retract them, it's very quiet.

Sounds pretty much like my experience. I'm going to go ahead and assume the new running boards are just louder than I expected and stop worrying about it. Thanks Smitdog

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch

Agree..

DanS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Picked up my Limited PB this evening and able to hear the power running boards for the first time. Definately louder (and slicker) than the ones on my '16. They basically sound identical to the ones on the latest generation of Lincoln Navigators.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Picked up my Limited PB this evening and able to hear the power running boards for the first time. Definately louder (and slicker) than the ones on my '16. They basically sound identical to the ones on the latest generation of Lincoln Navigators.
I don’t know... we have the latest gen Navigator and they seem much quieter than what i observed in the test trucks at the events. Hoping those were pre-prod so perhaps some discrepancy there. For me much more noticeable than the motor noise of them retracting was the thud at the end as they settled into place.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I've never had fixed or power running boards before but I do have the power boards on my order. I'm wondering if they would be quieter if the outdoor temperature was warm like 70 or more? No doubt there could be a variety of reasons why they are loud such as the gears in the motor that runs them wasn't properly lubricated at the factory? :unsure:

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I test drove a Platinum and was also very surprised at the noise, the salesman was as well. Did anyone confirm if they moved to a different brand? Are there other brands I should look at if I want to do it aftermarket instead of ordering one?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Thanks, do we know if that who manufactures the current stock ones? Is this who made the previous gens?
Sorry, I'm unable to answer either question. I was just offering the alternative after-market solution I'm going to use.
Sponsored