Power running board issue

Matts22F150

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 screw lariat powerboost
I searched for threads on this topic with no luck.. I have a 22 PB Lariat screw. Power running boards won't go down. The motor actuates, they move slightly and instantly stop and go back up. This has happened if there's an obstruction (snow/ice) but i've inspected all around and everything seems clear. I tried to help with applying some down pressure when it starts but that didn't help. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery and resetting, we'll see how it goes. anyone else heard of this issue? Thanks - Matt
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
in my experience
if they try to move then back up and stow, then there is an obstacle or bound up fitting
i assumed you looked at the hinges and lubed em with a bit of light oil to test, no rust or ??
both sets
if nothing else is found , then a load sensor on the motor/s can be causing the actions and you may need to go see mr service department
not sure if forscan will show anything ...but i tmay show dtcs for them and that can narrow down real fast what might be causing the actions

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
I searched for threads on this topic with no luck.. I have a 22 PB Lariat screw. Power running boards won't go down. The motor actuates, they move slightly and instantly stop and go back up. This has happened if there's an obstruction (snow/ice) but i've inspected all around and everything seems clear. I tried to help with applying some down pressure when it starts but that didn't help. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery and resetting, we'll see how it goes. anyone else heard of this issue? Thanks - Matt
It’s probably have a bad proximity sensor. Try changing the settings for the running boards on the Sync screen..