OP
OP
M4X

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat "Sport" FX4
Final verdict from the dealer... I brought it in for inspection and they looked at all the modules and wires and connectors and concluded that they are sure everything is still ok. They inspected the interiors of all of the connectors and everything was still dry inside.

They did; however, tell me that they would cover any failures down the road with the tailgate and gave me written documentation to that effect. But they are confident it will still be fine.

Apparently this stuff dries really fast (about 8 seconds) when sprayed on and doesn't really have time to muck something up.

I could raise a fuss and get them to replace the harness or something anyways but I honestly don't think it will cause any issues. It's just an eyesore ... Under a service panel that will never come off unless there is a problem that they would be fixing anyways.

?‍♂

I'm sitting at the dealer now while they recalibrate the sensors/cameras for the reverse park assist unavailable tsb.
Sponsored

Wisstx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Citizen
I could tell you my poor experience with Bankston Frisco / Autonation. They used to be good but I would stay away. Any Autonation customer is just a number.
It’s awefulbwhen simething like that happens that can’t be fixed…
Man. That’s painful to see.
Regardless if they did your liner in-house or out, there is clearly zero quality follow up.
If you ever try to sell it and someone, somehow sees that overspray they will question if you did it yourself in your driveway!!

OP
OP
M4X

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I could tell you my poor experience with Bankston Frisco / Autonation. They used to be good but I would stay away. Any Autonation customer is just a number.
It’s awefulbwhen simething like that happens that can’t be fixed…
Man. That’s painful to see.
Regardless if they did your liner in-house or out, there is clearly zero quality follow up.
If you ever try to sell it and someone, somehow sees that overspray they will question if you did it yourself in your driveway!!
I have the receipt for the work from AutoNation as well as a written guarantee for warranty coverage of the tailgate components. So it will be fine. I don't sell to private parties either, I typically sell my vehicles wholesale. But I would fully disclose anything to a potential buyer including a corporate buyer. So no biggie. In terms of dealership messups this could have gone far worse.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
First, it appears all the work surface screws were overtightened:
PXL_20220210_000747801.jpg

These aren't supposed to be rounded off on the ends are they? ?
I actually noticed this when I was installing my Husky Liner rear wheel well liners. You have to take out one of the bolts on each side and they looked identical to this. I assume this is by design, or happens upon factory installation of them.

OP
OP
M4X

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I actually noticed this when I was installing my Husky Liner rear wheel well liners. You have to take out one of the bolts on each side and they looked identical to this. I assume this is by design, or happens upon factory installation of them.
That was my thought after a time as well. They are some sort of PT design. The fasteners that receive the bolts only grab the thread up near the neck anyways.

Sponsored

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Have dealer fix it.

Cmill24

First Name
Cort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost 4x4 platinum
Interesting. I got my Powerboost platinum from autonation ford frisco in December and had them do the same. Got the same back up assist not available gremlins after they had that company do the spray in. After seeing this im tempted to look under the work surface as well. They said it wouldn't harm anything?
Sponsored