Sponsored

Possible to upgrade to the 2kw generator?

TRSCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I've got the 3.5eb with the standard 400w inverter. Does anyone know if this can be upgraded to the 2000w setup?
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
It will be cheaper to buy a standalone 2K inverter generator.

There is a lot that needs to get installed, from physical parts inside the cab and in the truck bed to programming the Ford SYNC4 to control the inverter generator.

With the long waits, the "used F150" market might get you more $$ than what you paid for it. Take that and turn around and buy one that is on the lot with the 2kw inverter generator!

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Have a friend that just picked up a 21 EB with the 400 watt. Asking for him. Same thing. Anyone have the parts we need. I’m sure FORScan will allow the programming changes.

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
One of the ONLY regrets with my truck, is not optioning the 2kW or 7.5kW inverter/gen. Having said that, I optioned it like a lease, put what I wanted in there. Now I want to keep the damn thing but dont want to sell/run the risk of getting a lemon.

If the option to add it in was $1k or less, I'd go for it. Knowing how the market is right now, there is no way it would be that cheap or without problems after install.

Ce' Le Vie!

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Aftermarket may be the best option. And you can get one that DOESNT make a bunch of fan noise when running like the OEM one. I couldn’t get one because they didn’t offer it with the 3.0.
Sponsored