Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does anyone know what plug or part number either of these two brown connector are? It's for the rear view camera on the XLT and up trims. My XL doesn't have it but i'm trying to add it along with the other 360 bits.

IMG_2887.jpeg
I sent them to you?
Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Alright, so the CCA jumper he had listed is needed. Don’t get that confused. It goes from the IPMA jumper CAA.

From the IPMA you have CAA which plugs into IPMA. Then it had a lead that connects to CCA. That jumper connects to connector c1591 on top of the fender on the driver side. From that connector there is a pre installed jumper that goes to the grille. The plug has a dummy plug on it and is inside of a grommet beside the active grille shutter plug. FROM THAT you run the small CDB jumper to the front emblem camera.

59ACE1EB-E4BB-435C-9CEA-D3C485B52293.jpeg

9B8CE053-64DC-4D55-9369-BC8D89532D9E.jpeg
Totally apreciate the guidance. You are 100% correct in that I need that jumper. Going to order that now - thanks...

Still trying to match your comments that CAA and CCA connect to each other to what the wiring diagram shows. Where CAA could fit if connected to CAA doesnt make a ton of sense. I think we agree C242 connector at IMPA is CCA. The diagram shows that goes right in to C316. C316 is a big body connector which is right next to C1591 (also a large body connector). Where C316 and C1591 live seems to be some wire harness hub point where a few harnesses that goes in differnt directons come together.

If you were to mate CCA and CAA I dont see where the brown connector on CCA attaches to unless there are some other connectors not on the diagram. It does seem like 'length wise' CAA could make it all the way to connector 316 and it seems to have the right pinning/connector. I will take a look at C316 and C1591 tomorrow.

I had assumed CCA was camera to C1591 but it doesnt fit in to camera so I was wrong there. I would believe CAA could easily make the 316/1591 connector. Any chance CCA is C1281 to C1591 for a truck that isnt prewired.
Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 9.05.20 PM
Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 9.05.04 PM

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
I sent them to you?

You did! I was trying not to bug you. I ended up with the green four pin connector that the 360's use. I'm still looking for the brown plug with the red clip that leads into the 4 pin brown connector.

I have the Brown single coax cord from the APIM to the that junction.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You did! I was trying not to bug you. I ended up with the green four pin connector that the 360's use. I'm still looking for the brown plug with the red clip that leads into the 4 pin brown connector.

I have the Brown single coax cord from the APIM to the that junction.
Ok. I’ll get it

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Totally apreciate the guidance. You are 100% correct in that I need that jumper. Going to order that now - thanks...

Still trying to match your comments that CAA and CCA connect to each other to what the wiring diagram shows. Where CAA could fit if connected to CAA doesnt make a ton of sense. I think we agree C242 connector at IMPA is CCA. The diagram shows that goes right in to C316. C316 is a big body connector which is right next to C1591 (also a large body connector). Where C316 and C1591 live seems to be some wire harness hub point where a few harnesses that goes in differnt directons come together.

If you were to mate CCA and CAA I dont see where the brown connector on CCA attaches to unless there are some other connectors not on the diagram. It does seem like 'length wise' CAA could make it all the way to connector 316 and it seems to have the right pinning/connector. I will take a look at C316 and C1591 tomorrow.

I had assumed CCA was camera to C1591 but it doesnt fit in to camera so I was wrong there. I would believe CAA could easily make the 316/1591 connector. Any chance CCA is C1281 to C1591 for a truck that isnt prewired.
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 9.05.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 9.05.04 PM.png

These were good questions I’m glad you brought them up.

Talking with Jesse I have it figured out. CCA is the jumper to go from the under hood connector to the hood latch if you don’t already have it. The green IPMA connector pin 1 lead reaches the under hood connector without additional jumpers. Straight from IPMA to under hood

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That part list was made in a rush from people constantly asking for one. I did the best I could. It had already been a while since I had done it. So I posted everything I bought. One or two may not be needed.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
That part list was made in a rush from people constantly asking for one. I did the best I could. It had already been a while since I had done it. So I posted everything I bought. One or two may not be needed.
Spending an extra $10 is no big deal @Jesse-Infotainment thank you for all your guidance. Everything you put together was a huge help

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

Brandanr96

First Name
Brandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 Xlt black appearance
Occupation
Nurse
watching this, doing a ton of research trying to figure this out. new to the OEM mod game. as I just bought my first 2022 f150 XLT BAP. so far going to add Tremor up fitter switches once the harness comes from boostedgreygoose and 360 cams are next.

Brandanr96

First Name
Brandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 Xlt black appearance
Occupation
Nurse
i do have a couple questions. Is it possible that my 302a has the wiring for the 360 cam? I took a look behind the front logo and didn’t see any wiring. But also I didn’t take apart the grill and really get in there. I have the basic back up cam.
Also I went ahead and added the 360 cam through forscan and noticed that the cargo cam option did not show up. Is this something that would show up when it’s added? Or is it another Line in forscan

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? E191FB3A-A55B-4CD9-A635-396C51EEF2D2

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
i do have a couple questions. Is it possible that my 302a has the wiring for the 360 cam? I took a look behind the front logo and didn’t see any wiring. But also I didn’t take apart the grill and really get in there. I have the basic back up cam.
Also I went ahead and added the 360 cam through forscan and noticed that the cargo cam option did not show up. Is this something that would show up when it’s added? Or is it another Line in forscan

E191FB3A-A55B-4CD9-A635-396C51EEF2D2.jpeg
It is under the trim peice at top of grill. I have my truck open. Can attach picture tonight. But also I don't think it would have been hard to run that wire if needed.

Honestly for me it was the door cameras that were a pita. The door connector can be a bit tough to get out. I filmed the process. Ijust have to cut it down from and hour and half of me cursing to the things I did to address where I got stuck.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Anyone have any advice on how to open the connector for the front camera and get it to release the pins. I have a video of me screwing around with it here

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
What I learned about that connector... Dont mess with it, just bypass it.

At least for me I couldnt get the red lock plate to release. Maybe I screwed up by popping off the blue peice off before finding the instructions. Maybe I didnt have a long enough pin tool.... But the instructions are kind of weird to because you slide the blue plate up and then have to pul the red plate up that is behind it(but you with the blue plate raised not sure how you reach it) .In my option best way to manage this is to abandon the prewire from bumper to this connector and just buy the wire that was mentioned above for non prewired trucks CCA

Instructions on connector

https://www.te.com/commerce/Documen...pdfEnglishENG_SS_408-32331_C.pdf2373242-1
Sponsored